N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Cat

• Total Posts : 14101
  • Reward points : 0
N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 09, 2014 12:18 PM ( #1 )
VOTE for GOTY! http://goty.n4g.com/
(and be entered to win 1 of 3 Amazon gift cards)
_____________________________ It's ALIIIIIVE!!! 

It’s about time, right? Instead of letting the rest of the internet tell us what we like, let’s tell them!

http://n4g.com/news/14321...nce-at-a-50-amazon-gc/

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/cat/525829

Discuss away in this thread, but please make sure you post your nominations in the blog comments. 

If you post a nomination(s) in every category, you're entered for the gift card!

<message edited by Cat on Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:02 PM>
Cat

Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:02 PM ( #2 )
VOTE for GOTY! http://goty.n4g.com/
(and be entered to win 1 of 3 Amazon gift cards)
Nujabes_

• Total Posts : 954
Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:03 PM ( #3 )
Spoilers for the ending of Bioshock Infinite in the "best character" section.
Bad taste signature goes here
Cat

Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:10 PM ( #4 )
We held the awards at a such a date that we believe everyone has played the games they really care about, and therefore any potential spoilers  won't be grievous. For example, Bioshock has been out for nearly a year. 

That said, I'll see if DF can make a tweak in that category.
MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:12 PM ( #5 )
Cat

We held the awards at a such a date that we believe everyone has played the games they really care about, and therefore any potential spoilers  won't be grievous. For example, Bioshock has been out for nearly a year. 

That said, I'll see if DF can make a tweak in that category.

"Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)"
Cat

Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:13 PM ( #6 )
I know which one people are complaining about.

Again, the game was released nearly a yr ago...
MidnytRain

Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:15 PM ( #7 )
- [This post was marked as helpful]
Cat

I know which one people are complaining about.

Again, the game was released nearly a yr ago...

I thought it might be a good substitute for her full name.
Ducky

• Total Posts : 2371
Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:23 PM ( #8 )
... but the spoiler occurs even before the 'Best Character' nomination, since Elizabeth is in 'Best Voice Acting' category too.
Cat

Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:25 PM ( #9 )
Yes, yes - and it was Kevin Spacey the whole time.
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:21 PM ( #10 )
Cat

Yes, yes - and it was Kevin Spacey the whole time.

Oh come on! I was gonna watch that tonight.

MidnytRain

Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Friday, January 24, 2014 12:14 PM ( #11 )
I just realized 7 of the 8 nominees for Best Gaming Moment are from the same two games. That seems really lopsided. Also, did the giraffes hit people that hard? I must have missed something.
MidnytRain

Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:41 PM ( #12 )
Results do not surprise
Cat

Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:42 PM ( #13 )
- [This post was marked as helpful]
2,681 ballots cast, the winners are in for the N4G GOTY Awards: http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/cat/525964
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:50 PM ( #14 )

GAME WITH BEST INNOVATION: The Last of Us 

BEST ART DIRECTION: The Last of Us

Well, we can confirm now more than ever that the front page is dumber than spit. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:58 PM>

Pandamobile

• Total Posts : 1709
Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:00 PM ( #15 )
Eiffel

Well, we can confirm now more than ever that the front page is dumber than spit. 

As if we needed any more confirmation.
<message edited by Pandamobile on Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:01 PM>
coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3288
Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:39 PM ( #16 )
Eiffel

I mentioned in the comments below that "best innovation" isn't exactly the best word to use for that criteria.  It's meant to not focus on which new innovation made the greatest leap forward but rather which idea, big or small, seemed to be the most interesting to the voter.

As for Art Direction...yeah, that choice kind of reeks.  Between Contrast, Ni No Kuni, Tearaway, and Bioshock: Infinite there, I'd figure it would've been a toss-up between those.  
<message edited by coolbeans on Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:41 PM>
coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3288
Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 30, 2014 5:28 PM ( #17 )
Eiffel

Post-apocalyptic drama story. Pretty sure Fallout 3 did that five years ago, and probably many others before it. Which just supports any other nomination of being more deserving. To me it just seems like a nomination that wasn't warranted for that category, a victim caught in the hive mind whirlwind that plagued this from the start. Unless we're being ironic and N4G is the Razzie of game awards, which given these results it may as well be. 

I was suggesting the gameplay, not story.  I'm guessing most just found the nuances to the already-established Uncharted template to be the most interesting innovation.  It's another that doesn't seem like a front-runner in my mind--and I think I AM Alive's gameplay concept clicked better with its post-apocalyptic setting than here, but I don't see it as big of an offender as the art direction category.  
<message edited by coolbeans on Thursday, January 30, 2014 5:29 PM>
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 30, 2014 6:16 PM ( #18 )
BEST VOICE ACTING:
Troy Baker as Joel (The Last of Us)

BEST STORY:
The Last of Us

BEST SOUNDTRACK:
The Last of Us

GAME WITH BEST INNOVATION:
The Last of Us

BEST IN-GAME MOMENT:
The Last of Us: The Beginning

BEST ART DIRECTION:
The Last of Us

BEST SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE:
The Last of Us

BEST NEW IP:
The Last of Us

THE N4G GOTY IS:

The Last of Us

WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10162
Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:36 PM ( #19 )
I think I should get around to playing TLoU.

Ducky

• Total Posts : 2371
Re:N4G GOTY Awards: Call for Nominations and a Chance at a $50 Amazon GC - Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:50 PM ( #20 )
TLOU winning, I saw it coming and I'm sure others saw it coming too.
... and I've never been sure if a stand-alone DLC should fight with other DLCs, or should it fight other downloadable-only games...

... but the only thing I didn't see happening was Battlefield4 winning best multiplayer experience?
Just, wow. The people on this site have set a new low on my respect-o-meter by voting for such a broken game.

In case you're wondering what the punchline is: I voted for Battlefield 4.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread