Retro Gaming Magazine, New Gaming Publication, Launching Soon

triverse

• Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
Retro Gaming Magazine, New Gaming Publication, Launching Soon - Sunday, January 12, 2014 10:02 PM ( #1 )
Hello,

I am the owner of Retro Gaming Magazine ( a new publication launching later this month in print and digital formats.  We will be covering retro content such as the Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Atari 2600, etc in each issues 40 pages of content which will be available every six weeks.

Our first issue will feature these articles among many others:

Cross Platform Gaming- we pair up the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis and take a look at a handful of the 250+ games that both systems shared throughout their lives.  Games covered were voted on by fans through forum posts, Facebook voting, etc.  We intentionally picked an odd number of titles so there has to be a "winner" in this contest- none of that "be happy with what you have" writing in RGM.

Games to look out for:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Ghouls n Ghosts
Pirates of Dark Water
Zombies Ate My Neighbors 
Street Fighter II
Micro Machines and more

Post-Mortem Gaming - Just because a system is no longer available at your local big box retailer doesn't mean it is truly dead.  Our first issue will feature games for Commodore 64, Atari 2600, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis and many other retro consoles.  Games that were released YEARS, sometimes decades, after the system was discontinued.

Games to check out include:
Soulless on Commodore 64
Pyramid Plunder for Turbo Grafx-16
Insanity for Turbo Grafx-16
Sergeant Helmet for NES
JumpVCS for Atari 2600
Legends for Atari 2600
Sacred Line for Sega Genesis
Axel K on ZX Spectrum and more

For purchase information please visit 
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:Retro Gaming Magazine, New Gaming Publication, Launching Soon - Sunday, January 12, 2014 10:22 PM ( #2 )
that doesn't sound too bad. I might be into something like this.

triverse

Re:Retro Gaming Magazine, New Gaming Publication, Launching Soon - Sunday, January 12, 2014 10:54 PM ( #3 )
One piece of information I forgot to mention was that the PDF is free.  We feel giving away the digital will allow more readers to enjoy the content we are making available and if they like it, they can support the magazine with a purchase of the print edition.

We have several interviews lined up with various people within the industry, some from back in the day and some that are doing their best to recreate that magic in new and interesting ways.

One thing we want to avoid is the magazine just being more reviews of Super Mario Bros 3 (we feel there have been more than enough of those already) or news articles that are better served for our readers on the site (why waste valuable, limited, page space?) and we are working to stay true to "retro".  We don't plan on covering "retro inspired" or similar titles on Xbox One or PS4 in the mag, we are not saying those titles won't hit the site though.  

<message edited by triverse on Sunday, January 12, 2014 11:01 PM>
triverse

Re:Retro Gaming Magazine, New Gaming Publication, Launching Soon - Monday, March 03, 2014 5:12 PM ( #4 )
The first issue is now available in free PDF and physical prints.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread