Calling all Don;t Starve Players.

FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15453
  • Reward points : 0
Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:19 AM ( #1 )
This is for players of Don;t starve be it on the PC Mac Google Chrome or PS4.  

A little friendly competition between gamers... 

Here are the rules... 

1,  Have to be playing Don't starve Currently...
2. Honour system or if you can a pic or screen shot... 
3. You Must state The Character Used, Platform used, Days Lasted and how you Died. 
4. No spoilers. No going into Characters, Creatures,  or their backgrounds how you find them how you kill them how you make things and so on. 

MUST PLAY GAME ON DEFAULT!!!

This is just to post the info above and to see how well we are all doing against one another... 

This little competition will run from now to February 16th to give new players a chance to catch up on the curve and older players to sharpen up their skills...

Info Need when making a post on your progress. 

1. Played Character's Name:
2. Game Played On:
3. Days Lasted:
4. Cause of Death
5. On your Honour or if you like post a screen shot:

I will keep in the 2nd post of this thread the players ranking list.

If you are interested in playing along. Please post in this thread that you would like your name added and are currently trying not to starve. 

That said if anything else changes I can you all know here in this thread. 

Please no spoilers... if you need help start a 2nd thread or PM a user or myself that are playing. 

<message edited by FAT MAN GO BOOM on Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:38 AM>
[ali
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:20 AM ( #2 )
place holder
[ali
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:35 AM ( #3 )

1. Played Character's Name: The Librarian Mrs Wickerbottom 
2. Game Played On: PS4 (Default Settings)
3. Days Lasted: 38 Days
4. Cause of Death: Spiders lots of them in the end one of them got me. 
5. Screen Shot

<message edited by FAT MAN GO BOOM on Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:42 AM>
[ali
LtSkittles

• Total Posts : 3113
Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:41 AM ( #4 )
I'll have to start playing again, I can't remember the longest survival of mine was.
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:05 AM ( #5 )
I think the longest I have survived was 9 days. I ran out of flowers and my guy went crazy. The shadow monsters killed him. 
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:05 PM ( #6 )
TheNocturnus

I think the longest I have survived was 9 days. I ran out of flowers and my guy went crazy. The shadow monsters killed him. 

Keep at it though because you will be shocked at how DEEP this game is... So many new things and there are things you will never see one game that you may see the next.. it is pretty awesome... 

[ali
TheNocturnus

Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:02 PM ( #7 )
FAT MAN GO BOOM

TheNocturnus

Keep at it though because you will be shocked at how DEEP this game is... So many new things and there are things you will never see one game that you may see the next.. it is pretty awesome... 

I am trying. I only have a couple hours a night to play anymore. I can't really get anywhere in that amount of time. 
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:21 PM ( #8 )
I seriously suck at this game.  I think I'm right around 10 days maybe?  I'll give it another play though and post what I get.
TheNocturnus

Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:42 PM ( #9 )
B Man

I seriously suck at this game.  I think I'm right around 10 days maybe?  I'll give it another play though and post what I get.

This. 

I make it so far then just die. I have no idea what my end goal is. 
I just figured out today that there is a map I can use. When do I get weapons?
KozmoOchez

• Total Posts : 5327
Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Friday, January 17, 2014 8:38 AM ( #10 )
Whenever you collect the materials to make them...

KozmoOchez

Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Friday, January 17, 2014 8:42 AM ( #11 )

thorstein

• Total Posts : 438
Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Sunday, January 19, 2014 5:28 PM ( #12 )
  Well. So far (with the main character) I have picked some berries, grass, and twigs....
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Monday, January 20, 2014 7:33 PM ( #13 )
TheNocturnus

B Man

This. 

I make it so far then just die. I have no idea what my end goal is. 
I just figured out today that there is a map I can use. When do I get weapons?

There is a game here... a great one... 

Idea is stay a live...  Weapons will come as soon as you collect enough material to make a science machine from there you can make all sorts of different things... spears and axes and so on. 

The key to the game is balance... 

You have to manage three main important vitals.  Hunger, Life Points and of course Sanity...  the longer you play the more this game will show you... 

Food and Light are the must haves... 

When ever you eat something... it will tell you what it is doing to your body by lighting up the vitals in a ring of red or green... Red is bad green is good. 

You can make food and cook it.. some will help one vital some will help 2 or all three  or a combination of hurting or helping or just plain hurting you... You have to figure out the vast variations that come with this game...

There is magic as well as structures to make... that will aid you on your way... 

I have seen people with there game in the Hundreds of days... 

It is very hard to play this game.. it is not for those that give up easily or are looking for satisfaction NOW... 

as you play you will unlock characters that will have strengths and weakness... some a good some are bad some are just awesome.. 

Keep playing and you will be shocked at how many layers this game has... 

I have made it to Day 43 but have dies 3 or 4 times since.... once on Day one...  don;t get scared off from how hard the game is... that is all apart of this game... 

[ali
B Man

Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:03 PM ( #14 )
Finally getting the hang of this game.  My main problem before was combating sanity.  I've finally gotten to the point where making a base with farms is easy, and from there it's simple to keep sanity from plummeting.

Last death was due to a herd of dogs at night.

KozmoOchez

Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:29 PM ( #15 )
was it more than two? I only run into two of them at a time. And they usually give you like a 3-5min warning where you can hear them coming and your character says something like "did you hear that?" or "show yourself!". Apparently building walls + traps are the main solutions. Sucks when you have a wormhole between two good sets of biomes (or whatever they are called) that will net you some good stuff, but using that wormhole destroys your sanity :/

B Man

Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:14 PM ( #16 )
It was three, and I had maybe 30 seconds of warning.  I had stone walls surrounding me, but was already very low on health so when they eventually broke through, I got maybe two hits in before dying.
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Re:Calling all Don;t Starve Players. - Friday, January 24, 2014 6:48 AM ( #17 )
I have not been doing the wall thing I find using the resources for other things. For the hounds when you start to hear them they come that day. 

I use log suit and a spear.  you will be surprise how well it works wearing a football helmet also helps... 

[ali

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message