Gaming and Benchmarks on Intel HD Graphics 4600!

TheSurroundGamer

• Total Posts : 47
  • Reward points : 0
Gaming and Benchmarks on Intel HD Graphics 4600! - Saturday, January 18, 2014 8:28 PM ( #1 )
As requested by a friendly neighborhood mod, I shall therefore embark upon compiling all information regarding my research and forays into the world of Intel HD Graphics 4600.  Hold on to your butts...

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Intel HD Graphics 4600:

(Click for media)

This game works quite well on lightweight hardware.  Here it is running on a small form factor (SFF) HTPC mITX system without a video card.  The CPU is doing all of the work here.  This system runs on only a 150W PicoPSU.  As you can tell by the video, things are definitely moving right along.

Doggone fun game to play, too.  Just don't take it too seriously.

<message edited by TheSurroundGamer on Saturday, January 18, 2014 8:29 PM>
no_more_heroes

• Total Posts : 32
Re:Gaming and Benchmarks on Intel HD Graphics 4600! - Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:49 PM ( #2 )
  How does it look running Planetside 2? Looking for a touchscreen laptop that can run such a game. Obviously, it doesn't need to look absolutely superb like a real gaming build. I just want to know if it can look ok while (more importantly) running smoothly.
The Cannon
TheSurroundGamer

Re:Gaming and Benchmarks on Intel HD Graphics 4600! - Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:21 PM ( #3 )
no_more_heroes

How does it look running Planetside 2? Looking for a touchscreen laptop that can run such a game. Obviously, it doesn't need to look absolutely superb like a real gaming build. I just want to know if it can look ok while (more importantly) running smoothly.

I actually did a video on this!  Looks kind of like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNRPcE5q0pM :)
TheSurroundGamer

Re:Gaming and Benchmarks on Intel HD Graphics 4600! - Saturday, February 08, 2014 2:57 PM ( #4 )
DuB

• Total Posts : 256
Re:Gaming and Benchmarks on Intel HD Graphics 4600! - Saturday, February 08, 2014 6:30 PM ( #5 )
PicoPSU, they skipped over nanoPSU, I call BS. Nice gfx.
theinkandpen

• Total Posts : 174
Re:Gaming and Benchmarks on Intel HD Graphics 4600! - Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:09 PM ( #6 )
Amazing how far onboard has come really, long way from the RealTek days...
Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:Gaming and Benchmarks on Intel HD Graphics 4600! - Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:28 PM ( #7 )
theinkandpen

Amazing how far onboard has come really, long way from the RealTek days...

When did Realtek ever do onboard graphics? I mean, they have been doing and still do onboard audio, and in most newer motherboards the quality is excellent. I haven't bothered with a soundcard in decades. Well, one decade.
<message edited by Satanas on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:31 PM>
theinkandpen

• Total Posts : 174
Re:Gaming and Benchmarks on Intel HD Graphics 4600! - Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:31 PM ( #8 )
If RealTek onboard sound is enough for you, then enjoy. Also your signature reminds me of Cliff Richards for some reason...
Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:Gaming and Benchmarks on Intel HD Graphics 4600! - Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:34 PM ( #9 )
theinkandpen

If RealTek onboard sound is enough for you, then enjoy. Also your signature reminds me of Cliff Richards for some reason...

Wait, you don't know who Mark Cerny is? Hm, you must not go to the front page often - but it's better off that way anyway.

RealTek onboard audio is excellent, especially what I've heard on my board (Z87-A). Anyone who tells you otherwise likely hasn't used it. Using FLAC audio with a Custom One Pro and H/K speakers. I'm not an audiophile, but I'm picky with audio quality to a degree, and I just have to laugh at sound cards that are used for anything but recording (where they are superior as hell). I have a cousin who very seriously records and requires a good soundcard to avoid latency issues with recorded streams, that's legitimate.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread