Help regarding chat volume through tv

ramiuk1

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
Help regarding chat volume through tv - Sunday, February 09, 2014 4:49 AM ( #1 )
ok so i love my ps4 but it has a few niggles thats really annoying me. i dont chat online much(specially with kids around) when i load a game up (fifa,KZ,COD,BF4 etc) i want to lower the volume of there voices as fed up of my tv speakers nearly popping through people screaming,panting,singing and swearing loud. sony said plug headphones in and turn volume down but its the master chat volume through TV i want to lower. is it possible?
LtSkittles

• Total Posts : 3113
Re:Help regarding chat volume through tv - Sunday, February 09, 2014 12:37 PM ( #2 )
If it's anything like the PS3, here's what you do: Go to the place with System Settings, and find out where Accessory Settings is, there should be something for the headset, where you can change it so the chat only goes through the headset, and not the tv, or a volume option.
ramiuk1

• Total Posts : 5
Re:Help regarding chat volume through tv - Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:05 AM ( #3 )
that option isnt there. there is headphones volume which i have turned down but still comes through v and an option for CHAT AUDIO or ALL AUDIO through headset. its a massive fail imo as i have to listen to all the idiots,doing my head in
LtSkittles

• Total Posts : 3113
Re:Help regarding chat volume through tv - Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:45 AM ( #4 )
ramiuk1

that option isnt there. there is headphones volume which i have turned down but still comes through v and an option for CHAT AUDIO or ALL AUDIO through headset. its a massive fail imo as i have to listen to all the idiots,doing my head in

Don't know what to tell you, other than maybe get a headset with a volume knob on it.
dalibor

• Total Posts : 183
Re:Help regarding chat volume through tv - Friday, March 07, 2014 5:54 AM ( #5 )
Some games support the option of being able to turn down the voice chat of other players via options menu then audio options in the games menu itself not via PS4's UI. One game that has this ability is Blacklight: Retribution. In that game you go to SETTINGS>GENERAL>OTHERS VOICE and it gives you levels 1-10 as to how loud you want others voices to be heard. Hope this helps. I'm guessing not all games will have this option but some do so that's one way to work around it. But there should be a universal setting in the PS4's UI really to be able to do this, perhaps in a future update.
<message edited by dalibor on Friday, March 07, 2014 6:06 AM>
timmyp53

• Total Posts : 2733
Re:Help regarding chat volume through tv - Friday, March 07, 2014 7:38 AM ( #6 )
Hold down the PS button go to adjust devices and then set headset to only output chat only.
caseh

• Total Posts : 317
Re:Help regarding chat volume through tv - Saturday, March 08, 2014 12:43 PM ( #7 )
Mute them, like 1 in 10 people use mics and if they have audio feedback/annoying voice/singing/swearing/abnormally loud voice then this is the only way outside of telling them to STFU.

Actually, best way is to plug in the PoS headset Sony bundled in the box into your pad. Have voice through that, not sure if you can control chat volume but it will prevent your TV speakers exploding.
<message edited by caseh on Saturday, March 08, 2014 12:47 PM>

dalibor

• Total Posts : 183
Re:Help regarding chat volume through tv - Sunday, March 09, 2014 4:58 AM ( #8 )
caseh

Actually, best way is to plug in the PoS headset Sony bundled in the box into your pad. Have voice through that, not sure if you can control chat volume but it will prevent your TV speakers exploding.

There is a volume meter for the mic so you can adjust how loud others can hear you once you have inserted/synced the mic. But why deal with that headset to begin with. Check the audio options for every game you play online and see if there is an option to volume down players, not only will it get saved after you make the adjustments so each time you play the game it's always going to be at the optimal audio level you want but you won't have to plug in that headset which would be redundant and unnecessary if you don't even plan on using the mic. And if a game doesn't have the capability of turning the mic levels down your options are to mute people or plug in the headset and put CHAT AUDIO on so the mic audio doesn't come out your primary speakers or use the party chat feature with your mic so you don't hear anyone depending on how you have the options set up, basically a better way to mute everyone at once rather than individually. 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread