Heterotopia / Gaming to virtual philosophy

OL_v1

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Heterotopia / Gaming to virtual philosophy - Sunday, February 09, 2014 5:53 PM ( #1 )
Hello guys I would like to introduce you my personal project from gta I'm a researcher / student in french school. I am here to share with you my thoughts on the concept of heterotopia related videos games GTA: The heterotopia (Greek topos , "place," and straight, "other" , " other place ") is a term coined by Michel Foucault in 1967 a conference entitled " Of Other Spaces " concept 1 It defines heterotopias as a physical location of utopia. These are concrete spaces that host the imagination, like a child's hut or a theater. They are used for shelving , as with nursing homes , asylums and cemeteries. So these are places within a company that are negative , or are at least on the margins . Michel Foucault identifies six principles for a systematic description of hétérotopies : Heterotopias are present in every culture. Same heterotopia can see its function differ in time heterotopia may be juxtaposed in one place several spaces themselves inconsistent in real space , within a heterotopia is a heterochrony , ie a break with the real time heterotopia can open and close , which both isolates , making it accessible and penetrable . Heterotopias have a function in relation to other areas of societies: they are either spaces or spaces illusion of perfection . To put images in my comments I made a short video After seeing this video, do you think that video games ( open-world video game Grand theft Auto) are a heterotopia ? An located utopia ? I would like here to open a space for discussion and sharing between players and authors, between philosophers and creators. How to share the growing heterotopia virtual worlds, these places apart, outside of any site. The sounds you hear are from my physical recording / tribulation, when I was waiting the bus, the tramway etc. - Virtual it may be superimposed on the real? These are fields of reflexions which animates me and I want to share with the community of Youtube. - is it Art ? - Or a simple change of use, the part played and performed (in reality) are there in this video film of a player? or a spectator? - ThereforeLife Is a simulation? Here is the first version of this project, many others will follow - Otherness Located - OL v1 Full description coming soon. Many things are debating online Gta. Which is starting to emerge a conducive and current thinking of these virtual worlds? The purpose of this topic is to share my thoughts associated with other space in video games, subways, buses, hospitals, mimic virtual world to reality, how far a player can he remain in human and real GTA. This video shows the limitations of this practice. You can also contact me and why not chat / play with me online with my nickname Playstation network: Ultarium contact me at Thank you
<message edited by OL_v1 on Sunday, February 09, 2014 5:59 PM>
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10814
Re:Heterotopia / Gaming to virtual philosophy - Sunday, February 09, 2014 7:19 PM ( #2 )
I find it hard to believe you're a student. I mean, you don't know what sentence structure, grammar, punctuation or even paragraphs are. 
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
thorstein

• Total Posts : 419
Re:Heterotopia / Gaming to virtual philosophy - Sunday, February 09, 2014 8:27 PM ( #3 )
 Well, he or she did claim to be French. And, if you didn't know, the forums don't format Firefox well at all. In fact, I double spaced in between each sentence in this post as I typed it. It works fine on the front page, but not in the forums.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread