Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Kakashi Hatake

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:36 AM ( #1 )
I'm not sure if anyone notices but in articles involving both consoles, it's usually listed Xbox One and PS4. Why is it rarely the other way around? PS has been around longer as a brand, PS4 was announced first, released first, PS4 has better multiplats, more games, more sales, etc. Look at online stores like Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy. They all have Xbox brand listed first. Why is this? PS3 outsold 360 worldwide but you'd think 360 doubled PS3s sales or something with the way Xbox HAS to get first listing. The Xbox brand has never reached the heights the PS brand has. Why the constant second fiddling of PS? 
<message edited by Kakashi Hatake on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:40 AM>
xHeavYx

• Total Posts : 941
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:55 AM ( #2 )
Talk about worrying for nothing.
I mean, who cares? It's not like it changes anything
LtSkittles

• Total Posts : 3113
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:00 AM ( #3 )
At the end of the day, does it really matter?
Kakashi Hatake

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:07 AM ( #4 )
It matters more than you think. It makes the Xbox seem bigger and better. In a movie, the main star doesn't get listed 2nd they get listed first. It may seem petty for me to bring this up but it has more effect on consumers than you would think. 
<message edited by Kakashi Hatake on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:08 AM>
LtSkittles

• Total Posts : 3113
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:14 AM ( #5 )
Kakashi Hatake
It matters more than you think. It makes the Xbox seem bigger and better. In a movie, the main star doesn't get listed 2nd they get listed first. It may seem petty for me to bring this up but it has more effect on consumers than you would think.
Not really though. I don't come here to read articles, or decide to buy consoles or games based on how they're "billed." I come here to find about Games that I wouldn't otherwise know about, same goes for reddit. If I follow a page on Fb that's true too. I do my own research on the game, or console I don't let articles pick it. Sales do not matter to me, unless they are about a franchise I care about. It's just silly to think that most people would choose an Xbox one over a PS4 on here, not that there's anything wrong with choosing any console, or PC. I just don't think it matters as much as you think it does.
MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:18 AM ( #6 )
I guess I'll be the first to give you an actual answer. Don't ask me why, but it probably started past gen, when the 360 launched a year before the PS3. Guess it just stuck.

Regardless, OP reeks of front page.
<message edited by MidnytRain on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:21 AM>
caseh

• Total Posts : 317
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:16 PM ( #7 )
I hope you're ready for this explanation, you may need to learn the alphabet to comprehend what I am about to tell you.

XBOX = 'M'icrosoft

Playstation = 'S'ony

ABCDEFGHIJKL *M* NOPQR *S* TUVWXYZ

It's mind blowing that M appears before S in the alphabet, but I suspect this may be the answer you're looking for.
<message edited by caseh on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:17 PM>

MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:40 PM ( #8 )
caseh

I hope you're ready for this explanation, you may need to learn the alphabet to comprehend what I am about to tell you.

XBOX = 'M'icrosoft

Playstation = 'S'ony

It's mind blowing that M appears before S in the alphabet, but I suspect this may be the answer you're looking for.

Can't tell if serious...

By that logic, doesn't it make more sense to use the console names and not the people who made them? That would put PlayStation in front of Xbox. 
Ducky

• Total Posts : 2371
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:58 PM ( #9 )
MidnytRain

caseh

XBOX = 'M'icrosoft

Playstation = 'S'ony

Can't tell if serious...

By that logic, doesn't it make more sense to use the console names and not the people who made them? That would put PlayStation in front of Xbox. 

Xbox begins with an 'e', so it'll still be in front.
Nate-Dog

• Total Posts : 2115
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:50 PM ( #10 )
I've seen some bull**** said on N4G over the years but this takes the cake.

Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2532
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:29 PM ( #11 )
Kakashi Hatake

It matters more than you think. It makes the Xbox seem bigger and better.

That's why the XBO is outselling the PS4...OH, WAIT.

Picnic

• Total Posts : 165
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:13 PM ( #12 )
I've never noticed it, I don't know if it's true of a lot of internet references and if it is it's possibly due to a lot of sites being American and Xbox being American.

And the PS4 might have got more attention in all other respects but Xbox One has got a bit more attention for its exclusives so far (i.e. Titanfall. The Order 1886 plus Infamous: second Son plus Killzone: Shadow Fall is the PS4's hype equivalent- the vocal love is spread more) and just for being 'controversial' in general.

In the long run it's unlikely to make any difference to their standing any more than putting Fish (the battered kind) before chips did. Chips will still sell more than battered fish.

<message edited by Picnic on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:17 PM>
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10857
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:53 PM ( #13 )
Not gonna lie. I've no idea what he's talking about at all.
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10162
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:50 PM ( #14 )
Think about it, even in YOUR thread title... you have xbox one first?!

Mind blown. 

liquidhalos

• Total Posts : 28
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:18 AM ( #15 )
It's not a movie though,  it's just one of those things.  Seeing the Xbox listed first doesn't detract from my gaming pleasure.  It's a hobby after all.  It's meant to bring you distraction and joy not irritation at the little things. 
kingdom18

• Total Posts : 3
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Sunday, April 06, 2014 2:59 PM ( #16 )
I noticed this a while ago as well.  It is a really small detail, nothing to get excited about. 
candy_mafia

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Monday, April 07, 2014 2:19 PM ( #17 )
It's mostly to do with 'politics', but I see why you might have wanted to ask the question. 

To the users who replied, but offered nothing, why bother replying 'it doesn't matter, who cares?', when it matters to Kakashi Hatake. 
<message edited by candy_mafia on Monday, April 07, 2014 2:21 PM>
xHeavYx

• Total Posts : 941
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Monday, April 07, 2014 2:35 PM ( #18 )

Kon

• Total Posts : 11111
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Monday, April 07, 2014 2:43 PM ( #19 )
I care. Please continue talking.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:Why does Xbox One continue to get first billing over PS4 - Monday, April 07, 2014 2:50 PM ( #20 )
It's obvious, they are solely going off of the number at the end.  Xbox One is 1 and PS4... 4.  Wii U is a letter so it doesn't even make it in the news.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread