This console gen's headlines =

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2532
  • Reward points : 0
This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:06 PM ( #1 )
"Targeting 1080p/60fps."

Discuss.
<message edited by Mr Tretton on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:07 PM>

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11965
Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 5:07 PM ( #2 )
I think PC gaming has given console gamers some sort of false expectations with hardware that's being passed as "next gen", so they demand a similar quality that is a gem only possible on a platform not restricted by closed hardware without any full technical understanding of what they demand. If they think it's such a big deal now, wait until future games start compensating more and more just to run above 720p while barely managing 30fps. 

tl;dr: Want quality? Build a PC. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 5:12 PM>

acemonkey

• Total Posts : 3092
Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 5:14 PM ( #3 )
everybody on here will say "build a pc" "pc master race" 

its not really about that its what your friends are buying or system (companies) your like or just loyal too

i think having 1080p is really a must but if it still looks beatiful it under 1080p then okay...if they can lock in 60fps i am fine with it i see games run below it (30fps) and over and the game looks great... the only big deal is fanboys/ PC gamers saying hey it should be this reslution or this FPS and these many pixals when really i just want to ****ing game and have fun with friends
MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 5:30 PM ( #4 )
acemonkey

its not really about that its what your friends are buying or system (companies) your like or just loyal too

i think having 1080p is really a must but if it still looks beatiful it under 1080p then okay...if they can lock in 60fps i am fine with it i see games run below it (30fps) and over and the game looks great... the only big deal is fanboys/ PC gamers saying hey it should be this reslution or this FPS and these many pixals when really i just want to ****ing game and have fun with friends

This sounds like a follow-the-crowd mentality. I went with what I actually wanted to game on, lol
acemonkey

Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:16 PM ( #5 )
MidnytRain

acemonkey

This sounds like a follow-the-crowd mentality. I went with what I actually wanted to game on, lol

not really i bought a xbox 360 because i wanted to game on that (most of my friends had one) and i wanted to play online. Got ps3 because i wanted to play MGS then just liked the community better and stayed with it... i build my own pc to play mods and other games

and if i want to play games on a system with my friends is that a bad thing? 
SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:36 PM ( #6 )
I don't think today's gamers understands the concept of gaming with friends, especially actual friends sitting next to you.

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10162
Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:02 PM ( #7 )
SmokeyMcBear

I don't think today's gamers understands the concept of gaming with friends, especially actual friends sitting next to you.

I wish more games had splitscreen this gen. I haven't really found a good game that I can play w/ friends (without needing another console). 

SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:07 PM ( #8 )
sports games. I pretty much play fifa now, cuz we can get 3 to 4 people playing at the same time, same with Madden. We used to play COD splitscreen, and Warhawk was hella fun with up to 4 people. Nowadays its all sit and play alone stuff... its depressing.

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
acemonkey

Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:09 PM ( #9 )
friends move away lol... but yeah i do miss playing goldeneye and Turtles in time but yeah split sceen this gen only game really i seen is Cod and Lego Marvel
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10162
Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:19 PM ( #10 )
acemonkey

friends move away lol... but yeah i do miss playing goldeneye and Turtles in time but yeah split sceen this gen only game really i seen is Cod and Lego Marvel

I am lucky enough to have family that plays vidya games ( bro and cousins). But unforunately, we haven't played anything together since Army of Two 2. Games after that just didn't support split-screen or were just horrendous. 

SmokeyMcBear

sports games. I pretty much play fifa now, cuz we can get 3 to 4 people playing at the same time, same with Madden. We used to play COD splitscreen, and Warhawk was hella fun with up to 4 people. Nowadays its all sit and play alone stuff... its depressing.

Warhawk is still my fav splitscreen game, easily one of my favs. I sucked at the game, but shooting a warhawk down w/ a tank... priceless. 

Too bad there haven't been any decent splitscreen games in awhile. I never liekd sports games, so fifa/madden never clicked

MidnytRain

Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:24 PM ( #11 )
SmokeyMcBear

I think it's less to do with that and more to do with the fact no one really makes these games anymore. 
cgoodno

• Total Posts : 3493
Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:27 PM ( #12 )
MidnytRain

acemonkey

I agree with this.  It just hasn't been a PC.

My only issues with the 1080p business is that it's doable with the technology, but companies aren't making it happen for whatever reason(s). FPS?  Don't care as long as it's smooth.

Eiffel

Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:28 PM ( #13 )
MidnytRain

SmokeyMcBear

I think it's less to do with that and more to do with the fact no one really makes these games anymore. 

Unless you're Halo and COD or generally any racing title. 

MidnytRain

Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:33 PM ( #14 )
I sometimes wonder how big split-screen gaming could really be on PC. The hardware is customizable and the graphics are scalable. The 'rendering two scenes' problem becomes less relevant. 
<message edited by MidnytRain on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:36 PM>
Eiffel

Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:35 PM ( #15 )
MidnytRain

I sometimes wonder how big split-screen gaming could really be on PC. The hardware is customizable  and the graphics are scalable. The 'rendering two scenes' problem becomes less relevant. 

http://pcgamingwiki.com/w...ocal_Multiplayer_Games

It has existed before consoles had it and still continues to today.
<message edited by Eiffel on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:42 PM>

MidnytRain

Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:40 PM ( #16 )
Eiffel

MidnytRain

I sometimes wonder how big split-screen gaming could really be on PC. The hardware is customizable  and the graphics are scalable. The 'rendering two scenes' problem becomes less relevant. 

http://pcgamingwiki.com/w...ocal_Multiplayer_Games

It has existed before consoles had it and still continues to today. 

I see a lot of Lego games on there, which are what made me start thinking about this. I'll probably be doing some shared screen in Lego The Hobbit this summer.  This list is still smaller than I'd like it to be.  I also only see one Grand Theft Auto game from 2004 on there.

EDIT:

Can I use my legit copy of L4D2 for split screen?
<message edited by MidnytRain on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:44 PM>
Eiffel

Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:44 PM ( #17 )
MidnytRain

I see a lot of Lego games on there, which are what made me start thinking about this. I'll probably be doing some shared screen in Lego The Hobbit this summer.  This list is still smaller than I'd like it to be.  I also only see one Grand Theft Auto game from 2004 on there.

Yeah online multiplayer on PC became a thing long before anything else. The same effect has happened since last gen with consoles now. Some developers find it necessary and others don't. The internet has simply made it an afterthought by majority.   
<message edited by Eiffel on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:53 PM>

cgoodno

• Total Posts : 3493
Re:This console gen's headlines = - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:02 PM ( #18 )
MidnytRain

I sometimes wonder how big split-screen gaming could really be on PC. The hardware is customizable and the graphics are scalable. The 'rendering two scenes' problem becomes less relevant. 
Screw screen size.  Back in my day we took turns trying to kill each other in Worms. 

Edit: My dad and my brother would direct connect their laptops to play each other at Warcraft 2.  

<message edited by cgoodno on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:08 PM>
Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2532
Re:This console gen's headlines = - Friday, May 16, 2014 7:04 PM ( #19 )
Last time I played some kind of co-op game with friends was that PS Move sports game. I don't really game with people anymore. I'd rather play something like pool in a social situation. Video games are 'me time.'

AuToFiRE

• Total Posts : 11591
Re:This console gen's headlines = - Friday, May 16, 2014 8:48 PM ( #20 )
Mr Tretton

Last time I played some kind of co-op game with friends was that PS Move sports game. I don't really game with people anymore. I'd rather play something like pool in a social situation. Video games are 'me time.'

BFD had to be my favourite MP experience by far

RSI: AuTo   
Feel free to add me, just let me know you are from N4G
@cl1983 No.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread