Your Hopes For WiiU at E3, I mean Nintendo Digital Event

SarahKitty

• Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
Your Hopes For WiiU at E3, I mean Nintendo Digital Event - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:10 PM ( #1 )
  Bummed they wont be on the big stage. Anyways what are you hoping Nintendo will show at There Digital event. I am hoping to see Zelda Wii U X (Release date and footage) Metroid U A New Mario Game 3D Pokemon game for WiiU Oh I also hope Nintendo has an update that add achievements or Trophies finally to there, games.
MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
Re:Your Hopes For WiiU at E3, I mean Nintendo Digital Event - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:15 PM ( #2 )
So they're not actually going to BE there? Why not? I would hope that Nintendo would dig up all the cool games they used to make and bring them to the current gen, but they've been out of it for at least seven years, so I doubt it. 
<message edited by MidnytRain on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:16 PM>
KozmoOchez

• Total Posts : 5327
Re:Your Hopes For WiiU at E3, I mean Nintendo Digital Event - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:08 PM ( #3 )
I think they should just go the way of Sega. Stop consoles and let everyone play with Mario, Link, Fire Emblem doods, etc. Maybe keep making their handhelds - put their focus on handhelds and see where that goes. I understand they try to "push the boundaries" but at some point you have to give people what they want, not just what you think they want. Casual gaming can be done for free or at least really cheap via Facebook and mobile phones, so why build a console to cater to the casuals?

This coming from a WiiU early adopter who was unimpressed (day one too)

ZyroXZ2

• Total Posts : 69
Re:Your Hopes For WiiU at E3, I mean Nintendo Digital Event - Friday, May 16, 2014 10:40 PM ( #4 )
I have pretty good hopes for their "Digital Event", because its name implies it's something greater than a regular Nintendo Direct.  From what I surmised, it'll be a combination of live and pre-recorded presence, which is totally fine by me.  We're in the digital age, stage shows are probably mostly viewed online anyway, lol...

As for the games, all I want to see is the next Zelda, I am SUPER excited about what they'll be doing with the power of the Wii U and the move to HD with the Zelda franchise! 
Check out my talk show on YouTube, The Wii U "Five"!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10857
Re:Your Hopes For WiiU at E3, I mean Nintendo Digital Event - Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:59 AM ( #5 )
Hmm been thinking about this quite a bit actually.

1. Price drop. The Wii U is too damn expensive given the lack of content/ quality of the hardware. Honestly, It needs $100 shaved if it wants to be even viable.

2. New Metroid. It's been long enough. We've had like 20 mario games since the last metroid game.

3. More 'X', looks awesome. I want a release date and more gameplay shown.

4. Some sort of unified network. Enough of the friend code bs. 

5. New IP? I don't think nintendo has made a new series since like..well ever.
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
ZyroXZ2

• Total Posts : 69
Re:Your Hopes For WiiU at E3, I mean Nintendo Digital Event - Sunday, May 18, 2014 8:54 PM ( #6 )
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

Hmm been thinking about this quite a bit actually.

1. Price drop. The Wii U is too damn expensive given the lack of content/ quality of the hardware. Honestly, It needs $100 shaved if it wants to be even viable.

2. New Metroid. It's been long enough. We've had like 20 mario games since the last metroid game.

3. More 'X', looks awesome. I want a release date and more gameplay shown.

4. Some sort of unified network. Enough of the friend code bs. 

5. New IP? I don't think nintendo has made a new series since like..well ever.

I sense a lot of negativity and see a lot of misinformation/peer-perspectives...

1.  No offense, but #1 is wrong on so many levels.  There is no lack of content, as there are plenty of titles, both first party and indie, to choose from that the list would be insanely large.  I'd love to make that list, but its getting tiresome.  If a game doesn't "appeal" to you, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  Also, asking for $100 shaved tells me you probably don't own one, because there is no lack of quality in the hardware at all, especially when you recognize that the Gamepad has a built in camera, built in microphone, built in sensor bar, built in stereo speakers, headphone jack, and all the usual fixings of rumble and gyroscope feedback, along with having the touch screen and lagless video streaming.  Mario Kart 8 also proves the hardware in the console itself is plenty capable.

2.  We have not had 20 Mario games since the last Metroid... I assume you were being sarcastic and dramatic, but come on, is this one even a valid point?

3.  I can agree with that.

4.  Friend codes?  What friend codes?  I'm sure you don't own a Wii U at this point, because there are no friend codes, lol

5.  The Wonderful 101 was entirely funded and published by Nintendo.  That's a new IP, yet no one wants to buy it.  I can't blame Nintendo for sticking to the tried-and-true, because when they DO venture into a new IP with their money, people just ignore it.  The fact that you said "well ever" also tells me you have not really looked into Nintendo's library.  Gems like "Eternal Darkness" also came from Nintendo's coffers of money.  In fact, if you want to limit it to Nintendo-developed IPs, the Wii series of games (Wii Sports, Wii Fit, etc.) are new IPs started in the Wii era.  You may not like them or prefer them, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

I feel if you're going to be negative about the Wii U, I can respect that, but I don't like seeing it littered with misinformation.  If you don't like the Wii U and don't see the value in it, that's fine, don't buy one.  But some of the things you're stating like they're facts are not even close!
Check out my talk show on YouTube, The Wii U "Five"!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/
MidnytRain

Re:Your Hopes For WiiU at E3, I mean Nintendo Digital Event - Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:19 PM ( #7 )
ZyroXZ2

2.  We have not had 20 Mario games since the last Metroid... I assume you were being sarcastic and dramatic, but come on, is this one even a valid point?

Nope. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/w..._games_featuring_Mario

I count nearly 30 from this list. You can sort it by year and count from when Metroid: The Other M released (2010). A few of them are remixes/remasters, which is even worse in this case.  Nintendo squeezes everything it can from Mario. 

ZyroXZ2

5.  The Wonderful 101 was entirely funded and published by Nintendo.  That's a new IP, yet no one wants to buy it.  I can't blame Nintendo for sticking to the tried-and-true, because when they DO venture into a new IP with their money, people just ignore it. 

I think this has more to do with the fact that Nintendo doesn't seem to market their games well, let alone how to make a game North American gamers care about. Child of Light released a few weeks ago and people ate it up.  
<message edited by MidnytRain on Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:26 PM>
MidnytRain

Re:Your Hopes For WiiU at E3, I mean Nintendo Digital Event - Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:25 PM ( #8 )
double
<message edited by MidnytRain on Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:26 PM>

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages