What the hell happened to N4G.com?

Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 67 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
BIoodmask

• Total Posts : 9499
  • Reward points : 0
What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 4:53 AM ( #1 )

This was a thread posted on Neogaf that I found to be interesting. I thought it would offer a unique perspective about how other websites view N4G and its members. Perhaps it could be useful to the members/staff to implement any improvements that they may think of after analyzing this valuable 'outside looking in' perspective.

The thread title is called: What the hell happened to N4G.com

The original post:
I have just cleared out my bookmarks and revisited a few sites a haven't been to in a while.

I always wondered how a videogame user submitted story site like Digg would do and was glad when N4G popped up.

Looks like the only thing to kill that would be videogame fans and system wars.

I've just had a good early morning chuckle at the types stories they have submitted now and comments section my lord!

Oh well one less bookmark for me now.

Anyone been a regular viewer? What happened?

Choice replies on the thread:

N4G went to **** a while ago, you have to be insane to actually participate with all the other people around there, especially if you prefer any other console than the ps3. Not that the site is terrible because its full of PS3 fanboys, but because its full of some of the worst fanboy types that exist.

In the beginning it was a decent source for the latest gaming news and the comment sections were fairly civil. After it gained popularity, it became so dominated by ****ing morons that they created a two-tier comments system (Gamer Zone & **** Pit). Now I know the intention was that the Gamer Zone would be heavily moderated but I'm guessing that it was either too time consuming to moderate such a large number of halfwits or they didn't give a **** as long as the traffic was flowing to the site.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350683
<message edited by BIoodmask on Saturday, February 13, 2010 5:02 AM>

ezcex

• Total Posts : 2666
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 4:54 AM ( #2 )
This can only be the fault of one person.

His name is BiOODMASK.

Marceles

• Total Posts : 284
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 5:34 AM ( #3 )
"Yeah I couldn't believe people actually think like some of the statements in the comments. They really seem to hate, even each other.

Might go back & read them on my lunch for a laugh."

That's what I do, the comments are entertainment to me.

"Most of the story there is Sony is dying, PR talk, sells, non news, MS is evil, Nintendo doesn't give a damn about hardcore, etc.

Forgot review scores from out of nowhere websites.

That does kind of sound like NeoGAF on a bad day."

lol...NeoGAF isn't fanboy proof even though that Turn 10 employee got caught in a GT5 thread, that was funny.  But yeah...I come to N4G for news and funny comments, I go to GAF for funny gifs, I actually call the site NeoGIF.

http://www.n4g.com/News-402287.aspx
<message edited by Marceles on Saturday, February 13, 2010 5:35 AM>
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15362
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:28 AM ( #4 )

<message edited by FAT MAN GO BOOM on Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:35 AM>
[ali
Genesis5

• Total Posts : 82
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:38 AM ( #5 )
I have been a member for 3 years now and have seen N4G go through a couple of stages. I still come here everyday for the gaming news.

It's also not a bad place to come and bicker over sh!t that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of life.
Dusty

• Total Posts : 528
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:13 AM ( #6 )

Google results for "N4G sucks"   -  113

Google results for "Neogaf sucks"   - 348  

See what I did there?  

I never been a member of Neogaf, and I am sure there are tons of fine people over there, but I liked the part that the N4G staff don't have to work anymore   Sounds fantastic

They also seem to be reading this thread now, so a big hello from N4G to you guys over at Neogaf   

<message edited by Dusty on Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:59 AM>
PHIL89

• Total Posts : 3131
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:21 AM ( #7 )
I agree 100% with the opinions of the outside world. Some of the news stories posted get quite out of hand most of the time.
<message edited by PHIL89 on Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:22 AM>
TMAN

• Total Posts : 43176
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:23 AM ( #8 )
Dusty

See what I did there?  

I never been a member of Neogaf, and I am sure there are tons of fine people over there, but I liked the part that the N4G staff don't have to work anymore   Sounds fantastic

They also seem to be reading this thread now, so a big hello from N4G to you guys over at Neogaf   
LMAO...

Personally, I don't give a damn what anyone else says about N4G. Being a member of the site now for over a year, I find it is the best one out there. The site, staff and members are all top notch.

<message edited by TMANX1 on Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:26 AM>
Enough is enough!!  >:(

UNBAN RAGE AND TENSTEPS!!!  
PHIL89

Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:35 AM ( #9 )
TMANX1

Personally, I don't give a damn what anyone else says about N4G. Being a member of the site now for over a year, I find it is the best one out there. The site, staff and members are all top notch.

True, although the main page contains nothing but extreme enthusiasts for a peace of plastic. Some of the comments man... Oh man oh man... Lol

Although It can be humorous at times I suppose...
<message edited by PHIL89 on Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:37 AM>
TMAN

Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:38 AM ( #10 )
But you get that at any site. Other sites I have visited, there comments aren't much different. N4G is a popular site and peeps will nit-pick at anything about it. Which is fine, it just increases traffic and gives N4G more advertising...

PHIL89

Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:49 AM ( #11 )
TMANX1

But you get that at any site. Other sites I have visited, there comments aren't much different. N4G is a popular site and peeps will nit-pick at anything about it. Which is fine, it just increases traffic and gives N4G more advertising...

At least N4G has Neogaf beat.

113 to 348

Although I don't go to neogaf... Still cool to wipe the floor with them though.
elcompa425

• Total Posts : 1275
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:53 AM ( #12 )
Cool story bro.
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15362
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 9:47 AM ( #13 )
BIoodmask

This was a thread posted on Neogaf that I found to be interesting. I thought it would offer a unique perspective about how other websites view N4G and its members. Perhaps it could be useful to the members/staff to implement any improvements that they may think of after analyzing this valuable 'outside looking in' perspective.

The thread title is called: What the hell happened to N4G.com

The original post:
I have just cleared out my bookmarks and revisited a few sites a haven't been to in a while.

I always wondered how a videogame user submitted story site like Digg would do and was glad when N4G popped up.

Looks like the only thing to kill that would be videogame fans and system wars.

I've just had a good early morning chuckle at the types stories they have submitted now and comments section my lord!

Oh well one less bookmark for me now.

Anyone been a regular viewer? What happened?

Choice replies on the thread:

N4G went to **** a while ago, you have to be insane to actually participate with all the other people around there, especially if you prefer any other console than the ps3. Not that the site is terrible because its full of PS3 fanboys, but because its full of some of the worst fanboy types that exist.

In the beginning it was a decent source for the latest gaming news and the comment sections were fairly civil. After it gained popularity, it became so dominated by ****ing morons that they created a two-tier comments system (Gamer Zone & **** Pit). Now I know the intention was that the Gamer Zone would be heavily moderated but I'm guessing that it was either too time consuming to moderate such a large number of halfwits or they didn't give a **** as long as the traffic was flowing to the site.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350683

Bloodmask... NeoGaf is full of retarded monkeys that throw Sh!t at each other from tree to tree...

But I am sure you know that being a card carrying member of Neogaf....
<message edited by FAT MAN GO BOOM on Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:57 PM>
[ali
Harry190

• Total Posts : 5622
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:16 AM ( #14 )
 How ironic. It seems that those who like to deride N4G are those who visit it the most. There must be some kind of problem here. I also thought people knew better and were able to understand that this site is a news aggregator and therefore a lot of superfluous content will eventually be found. Now, for such delicate creatures who cannot bear the site of such negativity, there is always a filter and 'favourites' option that can be used to avoid the stuff they don't want to read. I  believe that if they know how to avoid games such as Vampire Rain in real life. they could use some of those hard earned life saving skills to navigate through N4G.

I have nothing but good things to say about the comments section. I do not tolerate, I appreciate. Yes, I really do. I don't mind the constant bickering. At least it's not veiled and pernicious. I'd rather participate openly on N4g than be just another frustrated video game connoisseur on Neogaf waiting for an opportunity to vent my frustrations because I had to wait 6 months to get approved. 

All in all, it's cool. People like to say stuff, be it stupid or obvious. 
AuToFiRE

• Total Posts : 11538
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:54 AM ( #15 )
I find it quite funny, they too are fanboys in their own sense, they are fanboys of the site they frequent putting down other sites. no matter if its a console, or a website, there will always be fanboyism, i like neogaf, i like N4G, id sign up to neogaf if i didnt have a public email.

we are all the same, we are all gamers, we all have the same interest in gaming, why put another gaming site down if it can be just as bad

RSI: AuTo   
Feel free to add me, just let me know you are from N4G
@cl1983 No.
DRUDOG

• Total Posts : 4180
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 11:21 AM ( #16 )
Dusty

'Nuff said...

butterfinger

• Total Posts : 1130
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 12:12 PM ( #17 )
The best thing about GAFers is their elitist attitudes.  They don't look more intelligent, but simply snobby.  Perhaps we should be flattered that they have nothing better to talk about than N4G? 

It must be nice never having to work, Dusty.  I can't believe how you tricked us all into working for you! NOOOO! lmao.
macalatus

• Total Posts : 5509
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 4:38 PM ( #18 )
@Harry190,

Don't forget, the "people" who always talk crap about the forums STILL posts in the same forums. 
Gen. George Patton FTW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUX6wV1lBQ     

If you're reading this, you have got to be bored!
Odion

• Total Posts : 18180
Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 5:31 PM ( #19 )
What the hell I wasn't included in the staff that sits around and does nothing!
TMAN

Re:What the hell happened to N4G.com? - Saturday, February 13, 2010 5:37 PM ( #20 )
Odion

What the hell I wasn't included in the staff that sits around and does nothing!
N4G went to hell because of you...

(how's that? Should work for you,eh?)

Lol.

Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 67 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread