High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
iNcRiMiNaTi

• Total Posts : 1357
  • Reward points : 0
High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 3:41 AM ( #1 )

- Lara is 21 in this game

- It's not only a reboot of the franchise but a reboot of the entire brand. As a result there will be no "real" Lara model this time

- They're doing performance capturing with this game

- There are brutal deaths in the game this time. One is described as a deranged man stabbing Lara in the chest and then closing her eyes after she's dead. Another includes a boulder falling on her leg to trap her before another falls and crushes her head

- Crystal Dynamics won't talk specifics on weapons but concept art shows a bow, shotgun and pistol

- The lock on targeting system is gone and it now has a free aim system. CD says that it can compete with any of their competitors

- "I think that the major difference between this game and the old is the concept of smoke and mirrors," begins Darrell Gallagher, the studio head at Crystal Dynamics. "There was an illusion of freedom because of streaming and loading that would pop you out in a different location, but this is absolutely real. You can literally go any direction that you see and carve your own way to the finish line instead of being guide."

- "It was important in the game to not only deliver the character arc of Lara Croft emotionally, but to deliver it in gameplay as well so the player gets to grow into a hardened survivor," says experienced director Noah Hughes. As the game unfolds, Lara will scavenge new tools and gear that augment her abilities. Lara's athletic prowess will also evolve. Some areas begin inaccessible due to physical limitations or scarce supplies. With the right skills and gear, however, the island is Lara's for the taking

- There are base camps in the game. Here you can combine items to create something new and access a skill system to upgrade Lara's abilities. You'll also be able to use base camps to fast travel to different locations to minimize backtracking

- You'll need to gather food and water in order to survive

- There are humans in the game, including some of the crew members from the shipwreck off the coast of the island

Source: Gametrailers Forum
<message edited by iNcRiMiNaTi on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 3:47 AM>
toaster

• Total Posts : 5619
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 3:58 AM ( #2 )
OMG. ORGASM IMMINENT. 

There's about to be some major readage up in this bitch. 8 pages..  

[edit]
9 Pages. Can't fcking count today.   

<message edited by toaster on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 4:16 AM>

Newtype

• Total Posts : 2070
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 4:20 AM ( #3 )
Looks like FF CGI.
-MD-

• Total Posts : 8196
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 4:39 AM ( #4 )
Must see gameplay...
Xandet

• Total Posts : 280
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 5:15 AM ( #5 )
I must admit.. when I first heard of a "teenage" Laura Croft reboot, I couldn't help but roll my eyes, but if these scans hold true, we may have one hell of a game on our hands. Color me (incredibly) impressed. I can't wait to see the game in motion.

---

Dragunov

• Total Posts : 2814
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 6:19 AM ( #6 )
I can see this ending a UE3 uncharted wannabe

Hope the puzzleing and exploring of the first games come back

Fringe

• Total Posts : 2
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 10:43 AM ( #7 )
Hmm. Lot of concept art. Hoping to see at least one in-game screenshot. I guess it's too early to judge. 

@Dragunov

It's a bit too early too judge, give the game a chance. If you can't recall Uncharted was called dude raider by many people when it first came out. Tomb Raider has long before established its identity as a franchise and now it's trying to reestablish its identity.
redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:32 PM ( #8 )
ehhhhhh

SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:39 PM ( #9 )
redDevil87

ehhhhhh

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
SKUD

• Total Posts : 2753
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:40 PM ( #10 )
Low expectations.
PeeWizzle

• Total Posts : 2870
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:48 PM ( #11 )
Fringe

Hmm. Lot of concept art. Hoping to see at least one in-game screenshot. I guess it's too early to judge. 

@Dragunov

It's a bit too early too judge, give the game a chance. If you can't recall Uncharted was called dude raider by many people when it first came out. Tomb Raider has long before established its identity as a franchise and now it's trying to reestablish its identity.

A lot of those were in game I think. Saw icons for the Xbox trigger buttons. 
<message edited by PeeWizzle on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:50 PM>
Newtype

• Total Posts : 2070
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:50 PM ( #12 )
To me, it seems like they are turning Laura into FFX-2's Yuna.
<message edited by Newtype on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:52 PM>
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 3:34 PM ( #13 )
i want this as a poster in my appartment.

toaster

Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 6:49 PM ( #14 )
thebudgetgamer

Me too. I emailed GameInformer asking about it. 

sdtarm

• Total Posts : 1910
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 6:59 PM ( #15 )
am I the only one not interested?

thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:04 PM ( #16 )
toaster

thebudgetgamer

if you hear anything please let me know.

fasterthanu22

• Total Posts : 111
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:18 PM ( #17 )
I really hope this game turns out well; it's sounding amazing right now.
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:24 PM ( #18 )
Meh... never did get into Tomb Raider.
toaster

Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:40 PM ( #19 )
thebudgetgamer

toaster

thebudgetgamer

if you hear anything please let me know.

Will do. I dunno how long it takes for their customer service rep to respond though. 

Godmars290

• Total Posts : 177
Re:High Quality Game Informer scans of Tomb Raider reboot - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:56 PM ( #20 )
Yeah...

She's gone from being a well off adventurer who inadvertently unleashes an apocalyptic menace generally unaffected by the action, as she kills endangered species, to one who's not as well off but gets dirty. There's also no animals you have t empty two or three clips into.    

Oh, and she got another breast reduction.

And am i the only one sick of that stare. I probably am...
<message edited by Godmars290 on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:58 PM>
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread