Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it?

cb4g

• Total Posts : 170
  • Reward points : 0
Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:13 AM ( #1 )
I was playing MW2 today and someone hacked the game and all sorts of weird things started happening on screen. I left the game immediately and I realized that I'm now level 70 with everything unlocked!

Is this bad? I don't want to get banned from playing online and I don't want my PS3 bricked. Has this happened to anyone and is there anyway to revert back to my old level?

dkblackhawk50

• Total Posts : 199
Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:23 AM ( #2 )
cb4g

I was playing MW2 today and someone hacked the game and all sorts of weird things started happening on screen. I left the game immediately and I realized that I'm now level 70 with everything unlocked!

Is this bad? I don't want to get banned from playing online and I don't want my PS3 bricked. Has this happened to anyone and is there anyway to revert back to my old level?

You lucky son of a ...just kidding :P, the most likely thing that Treyarch would do is to bring yoru level back to normal. It is not your fault so you will not get banned.
cb4g

Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:28 AM ( #3 )
LOL..Yeah, at first I thought it was a good thing then I got a little worried. Hopefully, you're right and nothing bad happens.

toaster

• Total Posts : 5619
Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:31 AM ( #4 )
You can start by finding a better game to play :| I hear KZ2 is pretty decent.. 

moegooner88

• Total Posts : 2046
Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:45 PM ( #5 )

got a email from Holly through our contact form saying somebody hacked her account on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. She said that another player hacked the game she was playing in and made her 10th prestige.
During the game the guy had some kind of hack and he couldn’t die and put everyone in a jumble and killed us all. Then my person couldn’t move anymore and it said I was a higher rank and all of my “unlockables” were being unlocked. And now I am in prestige mode and my completion is 100%, but I just want to go back to what I actually was accomplishing. [style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "]- It unlocked all emblems, call signs, finished all challenges, unlocked all weapons and attachments, and put my completion of online play at 100%.
Here is a screenshot of her emblem screen right after she was hacked.

Source: http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/11/online-hacking-already-started-on-the-ps3-modern-warfare-2/?sms_ss=n4g

<message edited by moegooner88 on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:54 PM>
TMAN

• Total Posts : 43176
Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:52 PM ( #6 )
cb4g

I'd go on their forums and let them know what happen, and you'd like to revert back to where you were. At least if you let them know, then they can't do much to you.

Enough is enough!!  >:(

UNBAN RAGE AND TENSTEPS!!!  
Emilio_Estevez

• Total Posts : 2126
Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:57 PM ( #7 )
This happed to a buddy of mine as well....Same thing, someone hacked it....He said there were literally thousands of RPG's going off and then a wierd error message. Followed by him quitting the game and being level 70 on the last prestige. It did go back to normal the next day though. We are not sure how, but it did.
goflyakite

• Total Posts : 1440
Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:16 PM ( #8 )
IW barely touched that game ever, you have nothing to worry about.

cb4g

Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:53 PM ( #9 )
moegooner88

got a email from Holly through our contact form saying somebody hacked her account on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. She said that another player hacked the game she was playing in and made her 10th prestige.
During the game the guy had some kind of hack and he couldn’t die and put everyone in a jumble and killed us all. Then my person couldn’t move anymore and it said I was a higher rank and all of my “unlockables” were being unlocked. And now I am in prestige mode and my completion is 100%, but I just want to go back to what I actually was accomplishing. [style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "]- It unlocked all emblems, call signs, finished all challenges, unlocked all weapons and attachments, and put my completion of online play at 100%.
Here is a screenshot of her emblem screen right after she was hacked.

Source: http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/11/online-hacking-already-started-on-the-ps3-modern-warfare-2/?sms_ss=n4g

That's pretty much exactly what happened to me. What I'm most worried about, is how that person hacked my game. I heard it affects the MW2 game save on the PS3 so I'm not sure if my PS3 is compromised or not. I don't have any cc details on PSN though but my mate, who was in my party, does.

cb4g

Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:56 PM ( #10 )
DrStabwounds

This happed to a buddy of mine as well....Same thing, someone hacked it....He said there were literally thousands of RPG's going off and then a wierd error message. Followed by him quitting the game and being level 70 on the last prestige. It did go back to normal the next day though. We are not sure how, but it did.

I might check it later to see if it's back to normal, thanks.

Megaton

• Total Posts : 3812
Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:22 PM ( #11 )
If it's moderated anything like how CoD4 was moderated on the PS3, nothing is gonna happen.  You can't even file a report to Sony, they make you tell Activision.
mrkeith

• Total Posts : 1563
Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:59 AM ( #12 )
cb4g

lol someone glitched the game and it affected your stats? How is that possible without you having to download a file on your end. R u sure you didnt glitch the game?
 <sjel> yeah well, trying to correct people on irc or in forums is like skating uphill.. backwards

goflyakite

• Total Posts : 1440
Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:50 AM ( #13 )
mrkeith

cb4g

lol someone glitched the game and it affected your stats? How is that possible without you having to download a file on your end. R u sure you didnt glitch the game?

They call them challenge lobbies, some people were actually renting out challenge lobbies for $ back then.

cb4g

Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:09 AM ( #14 )
mrkeith

cb4g

I'm very sure. I wouldn't even know where to start, not to mention the fact that I don't like glitching and I've never done it. That's why I'm worried, I don't know if my PSN account has been compromised.
<message edited by cb4g on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:16 AM>

Johnos

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:17 PM ( #15 )
I had the same problem. About 3 days ago, I was in  Rundown, and the other team were unbelievably good(Score around 4000 to them to around 300 to us!) and when I looked at kill-cams, I seen why. Their screens had red squares around where our players were. Also, they could jump high enough to jump over buildings, and amazingly fast. I quit out of that game, and joined a different one. Later on the same thing happened, except that I spawned into the game late, on the cheating team. I couldnt even control the player he was going so fast. I almost immediately got booted off the team.  It happed a third time, with me on the normal (losing!) teamwhen the whole thing glitched and we were all sliding down the side of a mountain, but still able to shoot each other. Then everything froze, and my challenges, guns, emblems, and tags were all completed, and I was level 70 again!

I didnt really know what to make of it, so I asked my friends that play mw2 a lot to see if it had happened to them, or at least if they had heard of it. Not one of them had. I figured it was a screw-up on the on-line systems for that day. I wanted to reach level 70 and unlock everything myself, so I prestiged and started again.

I was playing today (I had leveled back upto lvl 26 or 27) when a similar thing happened in Scrapyard. There was a noise, and I couldnt move. People were shooting me, but I wasnt dying. Then the writing came up telling me that I had completed all challenges again! The game got cancelled almost immediatly, with an error message saying that the game was cancelled due to security issues with the host.

I had my NAT Type set to open. Thats the only thing I can think of that might have caused this. My friends are all moderate. Does anyone know if this maybe the cause of the trouble? I want to revert to my initial score ( I was around lvl 54) and finish levelling up myself. The whole point of levelling up is the sense of achievment in the game, but this glitch ruins that completely
<message edited by Johnos on Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:19 PM>
"You don't stop playing the game because you get old, you get old because you stop playing the game" - Doyle Brunson
alexandre1986fr

Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Friday, January 14, 2011 8:08 AM ( #16 )

Hello,

I want to talk about what happened to me last night.
When i was playing online, they were 2 hackers within 2 hours.
The first one was capable of running very fast and was knifing the whole team alone crossing the map back and forth with red squares detector (like predator missile's) on his screen (seen from kill-cam). On the following map, He also had infinite ammo and was owning the whole team with unlimited grenades from grenade launcher.
The second one was flying and killing everyone spawning with a sniper + aim-bot, shooting them from the sky. And everyone shooting at him made him earning your kill... (Like a reverse kill, you kill him but he doesn't die, instead, you die and he earns your shots).

Finally, the hacking night screwed up my progress on ranking up to level 70.
I first started playing this game on November 2010. Yesterday, on January 13th, I have been sent on a server where only colt was allowed. The map was "Derail". Walking speed has been incredibly increased. I didn't play (I didn't have the time) because as soon as I spawned, I got killed across the map by a guy shooting across houses and walls. The kill made the server bugging and I got disconnected. When I looked at my game menu, I got leveled up to level 70... Prestige unlocked, all weapons, defis, emblems, weapons' experts ranks + progresses , accessories, killing bonuses and cammo were unlocked...
Somehow it's good because it saves my time, time to play a lot and reach that level and unlock everything (I don't want to spend my life on this game), but It pisses me off because I didn't end my progress by myself and it's frustrating to have been wasted the pleasure to rank up with efforts.

Thanks for reading
HarryB

• Total Posts : 22
Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Friday, January 14, 2011 12:11 PM ( #17 )
  There is a glitch it happened twice to me on regular mode of mw2.

The server starts off on wasteland, and everyone is waiting for the round to start, and once it goes to 0 everyone is still in spawn position, and the colors start flickering like a disco ball, and then on the bottom left of the hud they managed to get it to say something about "disco". And then we were finally able to move. But we where like no clipping all over the map. You can speed run in the air or anywhere all over. I managed to get 1 kill, that guy was very angry. And ALL TALK was on so everyone can hear each other.

This is actually a sad thing if they don't fix this. I bought mw2 just 3 weeks ago for the first time after I got bored of blackops.  I never took console gaming serious. But after I saw how serious people were in blackops, I started caring and eventually became the best player in the game.

Not trying to brag that I am the best player, I just have superior skill in FPS games since counter strike and unreal tournament and quake off the PC.
rapidturtle

• Total Posts : 100
Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Friday, January 14, 2011 12:57 PM ( #18 )
I got hit last night. Game started then just froze. Then I saw my level going up. Before I could do anything it was done, and I got a message that said this was unsafe, and that i was being disconnected. I have also been in quite a few games were something is obviously wrong. One guy got 45 kills and no deaths. Now that is nearly impossible without some sort of glitch.
I hope they fix this though. If they are still selling the game at retail, then they should be supporting it.
sanoma

Re:Someone glitched in online MW2 now im level 70! Any advice on how to fix it? - Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:09 PM ( #19 )
I've got the same problem. I bought MW2 recently and was playing it online about a week ago. Once I hit Level 4, I saw weird fonts with colors in the screen and a message fading in showing that my level progress was increasing with a percentage. Once it was done, I saw myself at Level 70. I couldn't even play with those guys who have unlimited guns, weird magics like flying, shooting with a single gun on top of the clouds, etc. At one game my own teammates trying to kill me for some reason but they just couldn't. 

All I want is to play the game to earn points myself. I have no clue what happened. I did reset my prestige level to Level 1 to start again from the zero. When I was at Level 3, I again jumped to Level 70. 

I understand some hackers like playing in a weird environment but I just don't understand why they screw up someone else's games.

Is there anyway I can prevent this happening again?

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread