The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread)

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 11, messages 181 to 200 of 206 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
toaster

• Total Posts : 5619
  • Reward points : 0
Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:27 PM ( #181 )
Anyone else on JB yet? I just flashed CM10 on my VZW S3. Everything runs like a charm. I got really attached to Samsung's camera app though, which is a shame since the rest of their everything is crap. 

flip-it3

• Total Posts : 6628
Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:31 PM ( #182 )
toaster

Anyone else on JB yet? I just flashed CM10 on my VZW S3. Everything runs like a charm. I got really attached to Samsung's camera app though, which is a shame since the rest of their everything is crap. 

well well well...

after all that **** talking about the S3 and praising HTC you swagger jacking my style... tsk tsk
Solid_Snake

• Total Posts : 2620
Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:33 PM ( #183 )
toaster

I haven't yet.  I like a lot of the stock GS3's features, including camera, so i haven't rooted and flashed yet.  The carriers have all received the jelly bean update from Samsung, so I'll just wait till Verizon authorizes it.  We'll see.. 
MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE
toaster

• Total Posts : 5619
Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:30 AM ( #184 )
flip-it3

toaster

well well well...

after all that **** talking about the S3 and praising HTC you swagger jacking my style... tsk tsk

I had no choice.. my Sensation would only work on T-Mobile in America, so the company had to get me a phone. I had a choice between S3, Razr, or iPhone 4 or 5. It is kinda rubbing off on me now though, it's a stunning phone. Just too much plastic. 

Solid_Snake

I haven't yet.  I like a lot of the stock GS3's features, including camera, so i haven't rooted and flashed yet.  The carriers have all received the jelly bean update from Samsung, so I'll just wait till Verizon authorizes it.  We'll see..  

At least root, you don't even nee to flash another ROM. Just keep TouchWiz. There is just so much you can do with root... 

Solid_Snake

• Total Posts : 2620
Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:13 PM ( #185 )

Solid_Snake

At least root, you don't even nee to flash another ROM. Just keep TouchWiz. There is just so much you can do with root... 

I won't root till later.  I didn't root my Droid X till the very end, and I'm leaning towards doing the same.  

I visit a site called droid-life.com; i also follow them on twitter.  The other day they tweeted that they received an anonymous tip that verizon's GS3 would get jelly bean update on Friday.  Today, Tmobile released their version, so who knows.  Taking it with a HUGE grain of salt, but hoping it's sooner rather than later. 
MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE
_Q_

• Total Posts : 5536
Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:05 PM ( #186 )
toaster

I just flashed my 4.2 to my Verizon GNex(link for download in OP). Sux my phone doesnt get the Google OTAs but my phone has its advantages still. 

Congrats on the flash. I havent used CM since 2.3. Havent needed much outside of rooted stock. 

Click Click Clicky Goes that Q guy. Say it with me... M-Q-ROWZ!  PSN ID Mquirozz Twitter.com/mquirozz
flip-it3

Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Friday, November 16, 2012 5:58 PM ( #187 )
Damn... sometimes I forget how amazing the screen on the S3 is. I just played a 720p youtube video on my phone as was still surprised how clear/crisp it looked. 

I need to get around one day and root my phone. Toaster did you use a tutorial to do? which 1?
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 6943
Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:26 AM ( #188 )
Has anyone tried JunnoWallet, it's pretty cool. Few cents here a few there and over time you can build up some money.
Elvis

• Total Posts : 1031
Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Saturday, December 08, 2012 1:26 AM ( #189 )
Vice City got delayed -_-'
_Q_

Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Tuesday, January 08, 2013 11:42 AM ( #190 )
I'm just gonna leave this here. 

http://www.geek.com/artic...0-mobile-chip-2013018/

Qualcomm has used CES to announce its next generation of mobile processor, but the SnapdragonS4 and S4 Pro won’t be replaced with an S5. Instead, Qualcomm has gone with a new name and introduced the S800 and S600 chips.
The S800 promises to offer some serious performance gains over anything that has come before. A move to a 28nm manufacturing process means Qualcomm can offer the new Krait 400 quad core CPU running at speeds of up to 2.3GHz per core while keeping power use equivalent, if not lower than previous generations.
As well as a super fast CPU, Qualcomm is using the Adreno 330 GPU, which the company claims offers double the performance of the Adreno 320. That CPU/GPU combination coupled with support for 800MHz DDR3 memory (12.8GB/s bandwidth), form the S800, which is expected to increase overall performance by up to 75 percent over what the S4 Pro can achieve.
By comparison, the S600 gets a new quad-core Krait 300 CPU with speeds limited to 1.9GHz. It has also been combined with the older Adreno 320 GPU, but still offers a major performance gain to mid-range smartphones and tablets. Qualcomm rates it as a 40 percent performance gain over the S4 Pro.
Such a large increase in performance has allowed Qualcomm to introduce new features, not least of which is the ability to handle UltraHD (4K) quality video. That’s four times the resolution of 1080p. And not only can you output 4K to a compatible display, you’ll also be able to capture video at such resolutions when coupled with the right hardware.
The S800 and S600 should certainly usher in a new wave of performance tablets and phones, especially as the SoC supports display resolutions of up to 2560 x 2048, as well as multichannel audio with DTS-HD and Dolby Digital Plus support. Communication isn’t lacking either, with a third-generation 4G LTE modem included offering speeds of up to 150Mbps, 4G LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation, 802.11ac, and integrated USB 3.0, Bluetooth, and FM support.
Qualcomm has certainly set the bar high with both these chips, but you’ve got a bit of a wait before they appear in devices. The S800 is expected to be available commercially by the middle of 2013, while the S600 will appear at some point in the second quarter.

Click Click Clicky Goes that Q guy. Say it with me... M-Q-ROWZ!  PSN ID Mquirozz Twitter.com/mquirozz
flip-it3

Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Tuesday, January 08, 2013 12:21 PM ( #191 )
so what apps are you guys currently using? 

right now all I really use is:
chrome
Reddit is fun
tiwicca

I have a bunch of games but I rarely want to play them. 

give me some cool time killer or functional apps! 
_Q_

Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Monday, January 14, 2013 10:57 AM ( #192 )
flip-it3

so what apps are you guys currently using? 

right now all I really use is:
chrome
Reddit is fun
tiwicca

I have a bunch of games but I rarely want to play them. 

give me some cool time killer or functional apps! 

You ever try evernote widget/app or Skitch? Great apps for list and reminders. The widget is one of the best. Also UCCW custom widget is phenomenal. We gotta be sure to post here when sales go on too. 
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 6943
Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Monday, January 21, 2013 2:56 AM ( #193 )
Eternity Wariors 2 is the best game I ever played on my phone, the controls are good at it looks good. It has some lag and freezing problems though.
caseh

• Total Posts : 316
Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Monday, January 21, 2013 3:19 AM ( #194 )
Any game by Kairosoft is effectively a massive time sink which leaves you wondering what happened to the last few hours of your life every time you play.

redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:The Application Proclaimation(Android user thread) - Wednesday, February 06, 2013 12:49 PM ( #195 )
So i just got my first smart phone last week, S3, and i laaaav it.

Obviously i'm new to the app world, so i'm wondering if anyone can recommend any good apps? Any kind of apps, i'm not fussed. 

So far i've downloaded:

• Some fonts
  • Pixlr Express
  • Whats app
  • Swift Key (trial)

But the three best apps i've got are:

• Speed Boost Light
  • Advanced Task Manager
  • Clean Master

The above three apps have released a sh*t load of RAM for my phone and my battery has around 30% more juice at the end of the day compared to before.

_Q_

Re:The Application Proclaimation(Adroid user thread) - Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:09 PM ( #196 )
So....the Galaxy S4 was announced....Anyone care? =D

http://android.pandaapp.c...out.shtml#.UUKQ_jCR-uI

Actually this post is for Nizzy who didnt know who I was on N4G. 

<message edited by _Q_ on Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:18 PM>
_Q_

Re:The Application Proclaimation(Adroid user thread) - Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:16 PM ( #197 )
Whats everyone playing on their Android devices these days?

I swooped up GTA 3 for $1.99 last week. Golden oldies nowadays... Surreal...

flip-it3

Re:The Application Proclaimation(Adroid user thread) - Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:20 PM ( #198 )
http://www.humblebundle.com/

Ill probably pick up the new humble bundle, even though Ive already played plants vs zombies on pc it will be a decent time killer on android. Also metal slug should be ok. 
_Q_

Re:The Application Proclaimation(Adroid user thread) - Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:42 PM ( #199 )
flip-it3

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Ill probably pick up the new humble bundle, even though Ive already played plants vs zombies on pc it will be a decent time killer on android. Also metal slug should be ok. 

I saw your post. Average was above $5 when I looked and I only really wanted one game in there. I'm horrible but I've bought the last four... not to mention the ones on steam that I am hoarding. 
SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14732
Re:The Application Proclaimation(Adroid user thread) - Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:47 PM ( #200 )
*runs in* Iphone rulezzzz!!!! *runs out*

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 11, messages 181 to 200 of 206 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread