Wii U Discussion

Change Page: < 12345678 | Showing page 8 of 8, messages 141 to 158 of 158 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Nutsack

• Total Posts : 248
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:47 PM ( #141 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Nutsack

ZombieNinjaPanda

Considering that Nintendo pretty much funded the game, I'm curious to know how you've come to this conclusion?

Didn't MS help funding Mass Effect? Isn't there a trilogy for PS3 nowadays?

No idea. The difference is that MS only helped, Nintendo fully funded it. But I'm pretty sure MS was just pulling the whole timed exclusive crap instead of actually acquiring the game, just like with Bioshock.

We don't know how much MS paid, we don't know how much Nintendo paid.

Fact is: Nintendo doesn't own the dev, nor does it own the IP.

All we know they might just have bought a timed exclusive, like MS did with Mass Effect. Or how Hello Games brought Joe Danger to PSN first and XBL after. 

Bayonetta 2 I see coming to the other systems down the line, because I see no developer limiting their sales for a game to a system that won't be on 10 or 20 mln units sold anytime soon.
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:58 PM ( #142 )
"We don't know how much Nintendo paid"

Obviously they paid enough, because if it weren't for them, Bayonetta 2 wouldn't even be a reality right now. 

thinking

• Total Posts : 374
Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:02 PM ( #143 )
Nutsack

ZombieNinjaPanda

Considering that Nintendo pretty much funded the game, I'm curious to know how you've come to this conclusion?

Didn't MS help funding Mass Effect? Isn't there a trilogy for PS3 nowadays?

This, MS also published Sine Mora now releasing on PS3 and Vita and others I don't care to mention

Nutsack

Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:04 PM ( #144 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

"We don't know how much Nintendo paid"

Obviously they paid enough, because if it weren't for them, Bayonetta 2 wouldn't even be a reality right now. 

Sure they did, like how Mass Effect wouldn't have been a reality on 360 back then. Doesn't exclude the game releasing on PS3 and 360 in the future. Actually very logical, Bayonetta does some WiiU unit sales, and when the hardcore fanboys got one for the game, they release it on PS3 and 360 to sell some more games.
Led-Zeppelin

• Total Posts : 50
Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:09 PM ( #145 )
Can anyone confirm if Wii games played on Wii U look on par or better than Wii games played with the original Wii on COMPONENT cables?
UP

• Total Posts : 381
Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:10 PM ( #146 )
It is kind of worrying that nintendo could not get rid of the jaggies in NSMBU.
<message edited by UP on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:11 PM>

This is a manly picnic.  No glasses, no napkins, whisky only, the beverage of true men....... and pretzels.
UP

• Total Posts : 381
Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:13 PM ( #147 )
Led-Zeppelin

Can anyone confirm if Wii games played on Wii U look on par or better than Wii games played with the original Wii on COMPONENT cables?

They do look a bit better.  

This is a manly picnic.  No glasses, no napkins, whisky only, the beverage of true men....... and pretzels.
Nutsack

Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:21 PM ( #148 )
UP

It is kind of worrying that nintendo could not get rid of the jaggies in NSMBU.

The CPU is low clocked which doesn't surprise me with the WiiU taking 30watt idle and about 35 watt playing a game. 

It just can't be powerful even with new low power consumption chips. The PS3 and 360 both take about 70 to 100 watts running games and have redone chipsets from the original ones too. NIntendo just underclocked that CPU too far I'm afraid.
Chard

• Total Posts : 507
Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:52 PM ( #149 )
At this rate I'll probably be waiting for price cut + Zelda, as with the last three Nintendo consoles. Am disappoint.
thinking

• Total Posts : 374
Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:39 PM ( #150 )
Chard

At this rate I'll probably be waiting for price cut + Zelda, as with the last three Nintendo consoles. Am disappoint.

Smart to wait, there aren't really any killer apps, must-play games out at launch. But think about it, one can easily wait till let' say E3 2013, but by then PS4 & Xbox 720 will be announced with killer apps and killer hardware for release Winter 2013.
So why even bother with the WiiU?

Led-Zeppelin

Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:57 PM ( #151 )
Just got my 8GB version. Now just waiting for the controller to finish up charging!

Also good luck with whoever is waiting for a price cut. The console wont be getting a $50 price cut until 3-4 years. The Wii U is a success, no need for that, and it's already quite cheap.
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:18 PM ( #152 )
Led-Zeppelin

Just got my 8GB version. Now just waiting for the controller to finish up charging!

Also good luck with whoever is waiting for a price cut. The console wont be getting a $50 price cut until 3-4 years. The Wii U is a success, no need for that, and it's already quite cheap.

The second MS or Sony releases their TRUE next gen console, Nintendo will reduce their price to make up for the fact their console isn't going to be anywhere close as usual.

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:48 PM ( #153 )
thinking

Chard

Smart to wait, there aren't really any killer apps, must-play games out at launch. But think about it, one can easily wait till let' say E3 2013, but by then PS4 & Xbox 720 will be announced with killer apps and killer hardware for release Winter 2013.
So why even bother with the WiiU?

Wait, so just because it will be Sony or MS they'll instantly have "killer apps" "must play games" out at launch? 

TheLastGuardian

• Total Posts : 3666
Re:Wii U Discussion - Monday, November 26, 2012 3:19 PM ( #154 )

lol wtf?

AcidKill

• Total Posts : 18
Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:39 AM ( #155 )
Seeing the video above...I got no words to describe this world!
<message edited by AcidKill on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:42 AM>
Nutsack

Re:Wii U Discussion - Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:50 AM ( #156 )
Led-Zeppelin

Damn, you all saw that in your crystal ball that it won't be getting a price cut of 50 bucks within the next 3 to 4 years?

And 300 to 350 is quite cheap? To what definition exactly? That ain't cheap, seeing it is current gen hardware. Last gen the 360 released with high end hardware (triple core CPU @ 3.2Ghz at the end of 2005 for a PC costed more than the price of the total 360 pretty much) and its custom GPU with the 2nd die/RAM at 400 bucks. Then 300 to 350 for old hardware ain't cheap.

Furthermore, 'cheap' is when the mass of people starts buying something. Which is (well) under 200, certainly in this time of recession. When the PSOrbis and Xbox 8 release at the end of 2013/beginning of 2014 and they launch with high end specs at 399 bucks (yup, Sony won't make the same mistake at launch like they did last gen), the WiiUnderpowered will get a price drop to 250 to 280, no doubt about it.
biggamejames79

• Total Posts : 3
Re:Wii U Discussion - Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:54 PM ( #157 )
Gamers obsessed with console "power" and "graphics" must not have ever played any games on ps2 or NES 8-Bit since they weren't the most powerful consoles of their gens.
<message edited by biggamejames79 on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:58 PM>
Led-Zeppelin

Re:Wii U Discussion - Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:43 PM ( #158 )
Nutsack

Led-Zeppelin

Damn, you all saw that in your crystal ball that it won't be getting a price cut of 50 bucks within the next 3 to 4 years?

And 300 to 350 is quite cheap? To what definition exactly? That ain't cheap, seeing it is current gen hardware. Last gen the 360 released with high end hardware (triple core CPU @ 3.2Ghz at the end of 2005 for a PC costed more than the price of the total 360 pretty much) and its custom GPU with the 2nd die/RAM at 400 bucks. Then 300 to 350 for old hardware ain't cheap.

Furthermore, 'cheap' is when the mass of people starts buying something. Which is (well) under 200, certainly in this time of recession. When the PSOrbis and Xbox 8 release at the end of 2013/beginning of 2014 and they launch with high end specs at 399 bucks (yup, Sony won't make the same mistake at launch like they did last gen), the WiiUnderpowered will get a price drop to 250 to 280, no doubt about it.

Damn, you saw all that with your crystal ball or something? Hypocrite much? Obviously the crystal ball's magic powers only work when they're in favor of Sony and Microsoft. Am I right Mr. Butthurt?

Keep wasting your time and effort analyzing those sexy specs my little fanboy, I'm too busy playing Super Mario Galaxy (never had a Wii) to hear your wining. I play games not Specs. 

Change Page: < 12345678 | Showing page 8 of 8, messages 141 to 158 of 158 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread