What's the best weapon in Dark Souls to upgrade?

fluffydelusions

• Total Posts : 89
  • Reward points : 0
What's the best weapon in Dark Souls to upgrade? - Monday, October 10, 2011 2:56 PM ( #1 )
So I'm now level 54 pyromancer and trying to figure out the best weapon to upgrade to. I've been using the Drake sword since I got it but I cannot reinforce anymore past 240 (+2) as it requires dragon scales of which I only have one. Any recommendations?
Sheikah

• Total Posts : 817
  • Reward points : 0
Re:What's the best weapon in Dark Souls to upgrade? - Monday, October 10, 2011 3:08 PM ( #2 )
Depends a lot on your playstyle. I don't think there is a "best weapon" per se - merely different weapon scaling types + special weapons. A lot of people seem to have praised the polearm/spear.. thing.. you can make through the moth's soul.. Dunno what it is nor what it does, but that's what I've heard.

Personally, I'm donning the "Astora's Straight Sword +3" myself atm. and it outperforms the drake sword by far (at least for me and my faith/str build... Since it scales with those) untill I can get a proper holy weapon. Is the Drake sword still good at such a high level? I'm 22, and I'm thinking it'll becomes less and less attractive as my stats get upped..
- "Oh. Hi. So. How are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!"

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message