I just don't understand...A Vita Rant

ChiTownDoc

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
I just don't understand...A Vita Rant - Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:52 PM ( #1 )
I think most Vita owners will agree: I just don't understand why it isn't more successful (Or Maybe I do...)

The vita is a phenomenal piece of gaming equipment--I absolutely love it. From a hardware perspective, its clearly head and shoulders above the competition. Beautiful screen, DUAL ANALOG STICKS, the seamless integration with the PSN network, and ease of use for other forms of media, its a great device to carry around.

And though initially sluggish, the games have really taken off lately. Little Big Planet is absolutely wonderful; I can't even recall how many hours i've poured into it. Uncharted was great. Madden was really cool...though of course limited by its lack of integration with the PS3 version. Cross-play is very cool. The PSN network games (Super Stardust, Mutant Blobs, etc.) are great but of course not system seller.And yes, Call of Duty is a ton of fun.

Speaking of CoD, having just logged HOURS into the multiplayer component, I don't know where the hate is coming from. It is a BLAST to play, and if you enjoy CoD multiplayer on the consoles you'll enjoy it on the Vita, too. Period. Yea, the single player blows. But everyone buys CoD for multiplayer and we all know that. Let's not pretend the console versions have had stellar campaigns (Still better than Vita, yes, but don't get carried away). 

Sony just doesn't seem to know what they're doing anymore with advertising/pushing their system. The price point STILL remains way too high. How did they not learn from Nintendo's troubles just one year earlier? The vita is great, and I dont regret my purchase for one second. But when it practically costs as much as a new PS3/360/way more than a Wii....how do they expect to be successful?

I've been primarily a Sony gamer since 1997 when I got my original Playstation (PSX, PS2, PS3, PSP, Vita...and I've also owned a Wii and 3ds) and I've been loyal ever since. But something's changed and Sony has forgotten how to be the frontrunner. 

It saddens me because it's easy to see that the Vita might just fade into oblivion. Sony has never thrived on the "killer app" mentality; usually its the SIZE and QUALITY of their game roster that pushes their system. But Vita has great games...just noboby is playing them.

Sony needs to get its collective head on straight.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread