Why Do Movies Have Such Weak, Unoriginal Stories?

MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
  • Reward points : 0
Why Do Movies Have Such Weak, Unoriginal Stories? - Saturday, January 19, 2013 5:09 PM ( #1 )
I haven't been particularly excited to go the movies in ages. This is because the premise of the movies I see in trailers are never interesting or engaging enough to warrant my attention. That's not to say these movies are bad. In fact many are extremely well-made with stellar actors. But why do their stories so often fall short when it comes to a medium like novels. I use books as a comparison because I've read plenty with very interesting and at least semi-original ideas and plots. Most movies, on the other hand (particularly of the action variety), tend to be samey and uninspired. I realize that books have more room to tell a story than a movie, but that shouldn't mean that the plots of the latter necessarily have to be so much more generic and flimsier. Is it just Hollywood trying to make a buck by throwing all their attention at special effects? Is there more to be found in indie films? I'm not saying all movies are like this, but it seems more and more aren't worth the admission.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread