Are you actually done with current gen consoles?

CanadianTurtle

• Total Posts : 85
  • Reward points : 0
Are you actually done with current gen consoles? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:30 AM ( #1 )
My friend and I have been discussing about this, and I actually want to know what opinions you guys have. Everyone is raving about "next gen this, next gen that." But how many of you can safely say that you're finished and had enough fun with the current gen consoles? I mean, I've played a large amount of games released this gen on my PS3, and I still feel like I'm not ready to move on with it. I can still name quite a lot of great games that will keep me engaged that I haven't played yet. Even though I've played quite a lot of games, I still feel as if I haven't gotten the fullest experience out of my PS3. Therefore I'm not ready to move on just yet. 

For those who are super excited about next gen consoles. Can I ask, why? Did you really play everything that you wanted and did you get the fullest experience out of this generation? Or are there still games out there that you are willing to play? Or am I missing something here? Is everyone excited about the announcements of new consoles just for the sake of them being announced, or because you actually want purchase them?

My plan is to juice out my PS3 for the next 5 years or so, and play pretty much every game that interests me enough this generation. I don't plan on getting next gen consoles during the "release year." My plan is to wait until the new consoles are out on the market for about 4 years. That will give enough time for the consoles to build up a good catalog of games to play. Plus, it gives you a better understanding of which console  you want to buy because of the available exclusives. I mean, look what happened to the PS3. Who would ever thing the PS3 would get this many exclusives and IPs.
<message edited by CanadianTurtle on Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:33 AM>

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message