Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3

BWS1982

• Total Posts : 56
  • Reward points : 0
Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Tuesday, January 08, 2008 11:06 PM ( #1 )
I really prefer local/split screen multiplayer games to online simply because I enjoy being in the presence of the others while gaming together, and it's also easier in my case to do this since I often take consoles over to another house during gatherings and hook it up (which if done online would require several tv's, several consoles, several discs, etc...). Don't get me wrong online and local are different beasts and not really comparable...Anyways on to what I'm asking, what are some (particularly FPS or action) local multiplayer games for PS3 that are either out, or are going to come out. I go all over the web trying to read previews and first impressions but usually online is the only aspect mentioned. For example, I already know Resistance is a great one to start w/ as I did find it said there's 4 player split screen, and I know Haze is supposed to offer it as well. Army of Two is another. I found out here that UT apparently doesn't have it now, but may in a future update. I know the PS3 library is very young/limited now, but with an enormous lineup in the future, I suspect there's plenty abound....Thanks in advance.
Farsendor1

• Total Posts : 2049
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Tuesday, January 08, 2008 11:17 PM ( #2 )
call of duty 4,warhawk,those 2 games i have and they both have options for lan partys. 
Douchebaggery

• Total Posts : 1210
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Tuesday, January 08, 2008 11:18 PM ( #3 )
I think Resistance, Warhawk, GRAW 2 and Rainbow Six all have split screen multi-player
-News For Gamers come for the news, stay for the drama-

''Bungie because they made the same game 3 times in a row'' -PS360WII-
DarkSniper

• Total Posts : 4006
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Tuesday, January 08, 2008 11:35 PM ( #4 )
As an alternative, if you have about 4-6 controllers accessible a good thing to look for is some good PS2 and even PS1 games online to play as well.  With PS3's bluetooth censors, you wont need a multitap to hook up so many controllers.  Me and some of my friends to this day still play Blast Chamber on PS1!!!

BWS1982

• Total Posts : 56
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Wednesday, January 09, 2008 4:10 AM ( #5 )
thanks for the replies. I read Warhawk was online only though (meaning I assumed that meant that you either play on PSN or not at all).
Jon_Smackenrow

• Total Posts : 2178
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Wednesday, January 09, 2008 7:04 AM ( #6 )
Unreal. It has the best varity of game play.
princej

• Total Posts : 494
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Wednesday, January 09, 2008 8:27 AM ( #7 )
COD4, Warhawk, Unreal Tournament, Fight Night Round 3    are the games I have played online...

Sometimes COD4 has a little lag...    The other games were fine thus far.

Have yet to pop in Motorstorm mp... ( heard it was good.. )  Hopefully this weekend.
eyeballpauluk

• Total Posts : 971
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Wednesday, January 09, 2008 8:29 AM ( #8 )

ORIGINAL: princej
Have yet to pop in Motorstorm mp... ( heard it was good.. )  Hopefully this weekend.

it is...i love that game...but im no good at it...especially online! a lot of the time i dont get to finish teh race...cos sum1 is always that good they get perfect laps in the racing car....then a timer starts which you need to finish before the timer rumns out, or its game over anyways!

great game tho...i should really get back to playin it...not played it in a long ass time
psn tag - eyeballpauluk
360 tag - eyeballpauluk

steam (PC) - paul.davidson.uk@hotmail.co.uk 

(Blade1980)
ZeroTolerance

• Total Posts : 2158
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Wednesday, January 09, 2008 8:34 AM ( #9 )
Blast Chamber is still one of THE most underrated PSOne games of all time, I love that game!

www.ztgd.com
eyeballpauluk

RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Wednesday, January 09, 2008 8:49 AM ( #10 )

ORIGINAL: ZeroTolerance

Blast Chamber is still one of THE most underrated PSOne games of all time, I love that game!

never heard of it lol what type of game is it? i cant access game review sites at work to check lol
psn tag - eyeballpauluk
360 tag - eyeballpauluk

(Blade1980)
ZeroTolerance

• Total Posts : 2158
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Wednesday, January 09, 2008 8:55 AM ( #11 )
It's hard to describe, basically it is a four-player game where everyone has a bomb strapped to their chest and you have to drop this ball in the center to add more time to your bomb.  Kind of like a sadistic version of hot potato.

www.ztgd.com
eyeballpauluk

RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Wednesday, January 09, 2008 9:06 AM ( #12 )

It's hard to describe, basically it is a four-player game where everyone has a bomb strapped to their chest and you have to drop this ball in the center to add more time to your bomb.  Kind of like a sadistic version of hot potato.

hmm..one of those "got to be there" games lol...

oh..and off topic..love your avy!!!
psn tag - eyeballpauluk
360 tag - eyeballpauluk

(Blade1980)
suga_craze17

• Total Posts : 32
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:13 PM ( #13 )
lol ya COD4 is definitely my number one game right now, i think halo 3 isnt to bad but it's kind of over rated lol
timmyp53

• Total Posts : 2733
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Wednesday, January 09, 2008 6:34 PM ( #14 )

ORIGINAL: BWS1982

thanks for the replies. I read Warhawk was online only though (meaning I assumed that meant that you either play on PSN or not at all).

No its offline too. Yet you can download it or buy it from the Playstation Store on your PS3.
DarkSniper

• Total Posts : 4006
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Wednesday, January 09, 2008 6:37 PM ( #15 )

censors, you wont need a multitap to hook up so many controllers. Me and some of my friends to this day still play Blast Chamber on PS1!!!

You know how freaking cool it would be to have that game as an online PSN download? This NEEDS a next gen remake or something. Blast Chamber is one of the games that stressed creativity during the peak of 90's gaming.  Come to think about it, the concept of Blast Chamber has never been done since.

doomsonyman

• Total Posts : 248
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Thursday, January 10, 2008 4:33 AM ( #16 )
the playstation consoles all have had there far share of underrated games. never understood why sony didn't and doesn't market these types of "different" games, cuz there good! i don't think sony can ever tell (when they strive for "different" games) if it will be recived well by the public or even if it's gonna be good sometimes. i think the release of lair warrents there concerns. i doubt they saw that coming  
<message edited by doomsonyman on Thursday, January 10, 2008 4:35 AM>
princej

• Total Posts : 494
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:28 AM ( #17 )

it is...i love that game...but im no good at it...especially online! a lot of the time i dont get to finish teh race...cos sum1 is always that good they get perfect laps in the racing car....then a timer starts which you need to finish before the timer rumns out, or its game over anyways!

great game tho...i should really get back to playin it...not played it in a long ass time

Is this true?  I have yet to download the update for the game... So i have not had the chance to try it online yet.  I did hear that it was pretty difficult.   I wonder if the great players play alot to get good or does it come natural.
<message edited by princej on Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:29 AM>
SpiTFiRe

• Total Posts : 25
RE: Good Local Multiplayer games for PS3 - Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:40 AM ( #18 )
I don't have a ps3 yet but when I do, I will be focusing on online mostly. Unless its a really good game otherwise.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread