Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!!

macalatus

• Total Posts : 5508
  • Reward points : 0
Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 7:00 PM ( #1 )
          My fellow N4G Sony gamers, I declare today, Feb. 19, as the official N4G Sony Fanboy Day.  The N4G Sony Fanboy Day is to commemorate the end of the HD-DVD format two years ago following Toshiba's announcement that they would end their support for the said format.  The announcement of the end of the HD-DVD format also marked the end of N4G’s Great Fanboy War of 2007.

To the N4G members who missed the Great Fanboy War of 2007, let me tell this abridged story of that epic era in the history of N4G.  Not too long ago, the N4G that you now know of was a totally different place.  The demonic forces of the Mart, known as the 360 fanboys, and his lieutenants Power of Green, RL Baker, and Bladestar ruled the N4G site with total tyranny and absolute power.  News articles published in the mainsite were nothing more than propaganda articles made by Microsoft; the articles proclaiming the “quick end” of Sony and the then newly-launched PS3, a console designed for the classy, mature, and intelligent gamers.

Your fellow Sony gamers that you now commonly see in this website, were far and few in between during those dark times. Some of them, like me, were “political refugees” from other 360 majority websites like Gamespot, IGN, Gamefaqs, and Gametrailers.  We left those sites as being a Sony gamer meant enduring insults.  Initially, we saw N4G as a new place where we can voice our opinions as Sony gamers and our love for high quality Sony games without any trouble.  Alas, much to our dismay, we were wrong.  The tyrannical 360 fanboys were quick to lay down their iron fists by “reply post ganging”, disagreeing, and worst of all, the dreaded “bubble raping”.  Even merely saying that you like a certain Sony game meant attracting the evil horde of 360 gamers. We, the small, minority band of Sony gamers, knew that we cannot keep leaving one site for another as it means dealing with a new group of 360 fanatics.  As a result, we decided to stand up and fight for our rights as Sony gamers. This, my friends, was the start of N4G’s Great Fanboy War of 2007!

The first months of the Great Fanboy War were a difficult one.  The 360 fanboys, led by the terrifying Mart, harassed the small of Sony gamers. They tried to downplay PS3 exclusives, mocked the idea of calling PS3 owners as “gamers”.  They also mass approved anti-PS3 articles all the while reporting pro-PS3 articles as “lame”.  Still, we held on despite the overwhelming odds.  Even more amazing, our numbers began to grow, as more and more Sony gamers came to this site.  Positive PS3 news started coming after E3 2007, and the 360 fanboys were hard at work trying to destroy the positive news by finding all anti-PS3 news/articles that they can find in the Internet.  If there was one kind of news that both sides were eagerly awaiting, it would be the HD format war.  You see, during 2007, most 360 fanboys were confident that the HD-DVD format was winning, and if Blu-Ray lost the format wars, it would also spell an almost instant end to the PS3.  The 360 fanboys were so confident that HD-DVD would win that they simply let the Sony gamers in this website grow (a big tactical mistake); they wanted to see the cry and agony in the comments of PS3 owners after knowing that the end of their consoles would be next after the death of Blu-Ray.  As we should all know by now, Toshiba made the decision of who won the format with the announcement that they will end all support for HD-DVD.

Toshiba’s announcement wasn’t without any effects on N4G.  The 360 fanboys who were confidently waiting for the death of Blu-Ray quickly found themselves eating their words, with the Sony gamers now quickly returning the favor on them.  Many of the same 360 fanboys found themselves humiliated and left the site…never to return again.  The Mart lost his prestige as leader of the 360 group while his lieutenants Power of Green and Bladestar gradually reduced to mere annoyance before they themselves disappeared altogether.  Other 360 fanboys banished themselves to a dark and putrid place called the N4G Chatroom where like the Biblical Lucifer, they sometimes come back to N4G to sow dissent and test the faith of the loyal Sony gamers.

Now that I’ve told you about the Great Fanboy War, I want to present you some of these proud veterans (that I can remember) of the same war that fought in the proverbial trenches alongside with me:

Dark Sniper
Whoooop
Smokey McBear
DJ
Bathyj
Maddens Raiders
Bill Gates (the N4G member)

So my fellow N4G Sony gamers, please feel free to thank them (by post or PM) for their brave and gallant actions during the Great Fanboy War.  Their dedication to continue to fight the good fight helped secure the freedoms that we now enjoy as a Sony gamer in this website, for we no longer do we have to worry about the Mart and his minions attacking us for supporting Sony.  The actions of these veterans helped in turning N4G from a Dark Age website into one of the best gaming website; a website where the classy, mature, and intelligent gamers can converse with each other. All of us should have a personal moment of silence for the N4G Sony members who were banned during the Great Fanboy War, for they had decided to sacrifice their site membership for the Sony cause.  If you know a Sony fanboy outside of this website, feel free to tell him/her about the glorious struggle endured by the Sony gamers during N4G’s Great Fanboy War of 2007, as well as the importance of February 19. 

Remember, if the minions from the N4G Chat underworld continue to instill doubts about Sony delivering high-quality, thought provoking games, please look back to the people who went thru the Great Fanboy War for inspiration. 

Once again, HAPPY SONY FANBOY DAY to all of my N4G peeps, and always remember…

Sony Gamers Lead the Way!

<message edited by macalatus on Friday, February 19, 2010 7:05 PM>
Gen. George Patton FTW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUX6wV1lBQ     

If you're reading this, you have got to be bored!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 3 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread